If you could add one item to a cruise menu what would it be?

pupidda11103

:o Not to complain but it would have to be Maine lobsters....if your use to Maine lobsters you just can't eat any others.....AND I do have to say that the food in general was much better on the NCL Dawn than it was on the CCL Paradise but they both need to improve their quality of coffee....

I wish caviar were offered as an appetizer in the dining room on a regular basis.

On my very first cruise, on Renaissance, they did that and we had it almost every night. Then on one of our Celebrity cruises it was offered in one of the bars.

I wish more lines did that.

Scher - Oceania serves sushi in the Lido area at lunch time.

I agree with the poster who requested whole wheat pasta's as an option.

This may sound silly with all the great food on a cruise ship but usually by the fourth day I would kill for some 'pub grub.' Why can't a cruise ship have a bar open in the afternoon or early evening that serves things like nachos, potato skins or wings? Even if they wanted to add a surcharge to it sometimes a person just needs a little grease. I also often cruise in late October/early November during football season and being able to get food like that while I am watching the games on Sunday and then Monday night would be amazing.

Real Maryland crabcakes or softshell crabs

I'm not a fan of crabcakes (Why take a perfect food--crab--and make it worse by mixing it with other stuff??) But I would love to see softshell crab on a cruise!! That's one of my favorites!!

I'd also like to be able to get nachos--really good ones with real melted cheese, seasoned ground beef, guacamole...Mmmmm...

The hot and gooey cinnamon rolls would be divine. Since I haven't found any, the next best thing were the almond croissants on Celebrity's Galaxy. They were hard to get (on a pastry cart with short hours and they disappeared quickley. I would have bought a dozen to take home if I could!

I'm not a fan of crabcakes (Why take a perfect food--crab--and make it worse by mixing it with other stuff??) But I would love to see softshell crab on a cruise!! That's one of my favorites!!

When I say real MD crabcake it should have nothing but crab meat and nothing else except but the mixture to hold it together. Alot of places say Md style crabcakes but they add a lot of fillers.

On the Disney cruiseline they have a softshell tempura, it's great

How about a featured item each night or one night that reflects the geographic region? Heading to Alaska on NCL soon and was disappointed that a "Pacific Northwest" night wouldn't be replacing the Caribbean night's meal. I know I can go to restaurants in port, but would be nice to enjoy the experience on ship as well.

K

How about a featured item each night or one night that reflects the geographic region? Heading to Alaska on NCL soon and was disappointed that a "Pacific Northwest" night wouldn't be replacing the Caribbean night's meal. I know I can go to restaurants in port, but would be nice to enjoy the experience on ship as well.

K

The first time we took an NCL cruise to AK they offered a Klondike menu one night during the cruise. (I think it was the night we left Skagway.) It was a perfect "themed" menu with a lot of great food.

• 4 weeks later...

K

They used to do that a few years back on the RCCl ships.

let's face it I can make my own burger, steak, and chicken.

For my DH it would be more than one night of lobster. Our last cruise on NCL he had lobster almost every night and loved it. In one of the restaurants there's a live lobster tank and watching them fish out a lobster from it can be quite hilarious.

For me it would be some real sushi/sashimi. Not just the same california rolls I can buy at my local grocery store.

Crab legs are delicious, but I'm too lazy to do all the work eating them.

I love frog legs..I just saw a post for X where they served frog legs, good for them.

Caviar is available at the supper clubs on CCL, but would be a nice thing to also serve at the champagne/wine bar as an appetizer.

But really, any food I don't have to cook or clean up the mess afterwards is delicious.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Ditto the warm, gooey cinnamon rolls - now those would be a reason to get out of bed and head to the dining room for breakfast in the morning!

Mexican foods would be nice as well, as would BBQ ribs (although I guess they may be a bit messy for the fomal dining room). And how about a chocolate souffle or a really rich chocolate caramel cheesecake for dessert?

I was on an NCL ship a few years ago & at 7am every morning in certain area they had THE BEST fresh, hot cinnamon rolls. The only vacation that I got up that early, ever!

Mexican food, whether it's nachos, chips and salsa, guacamole, just anything Mexican! I was very disappointed on our Mexican cruise when most of the food was a Carribbean theme. It just doesn't make sense!e

Princess has Mexican food on their Mexican Riviera cruises - lots of it & lots of shrimp, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived