Can you request an early disembarking time?

crazyboutdisney

We are sailing on the Conquest in Feb 2015 and are looking at our flight options. One option is to fly into Ft Meyers and drive to Ft Lauderdale. The flight home would be at 3pm. Is there any way to request an early time or would self assist be the best route to take?

Self assist is the first group to go off the ship. To get off the ship any earlier would require going swimming and that's probably not easy to do with luggage.....:D

Yes, you can go to Guest Services with your airline ticket, and request an earlier disembarkation number, after explaining why you need it. Should be no problem, but as noted above, if you REALLY want to be among the first ashore, self assist is the only way to go. PACK LIGHT! :eek:

"SKY"

All very good advice...thank you! I feel pretty confident that if we get off early we can easily make the drive to Ft Myers for a 3pm flight. My husband is NOT a fan of flying so I am always faced with the challenge of finding the best price with a direct flight. Isnt always easy!!

IF you buy FTTF you can get off self assist before the "regular" self assist is called. They tell you where the priority folks are meeting that morning and they get led off the ship before everyone else! Last time we were literally the first people off.

Yes, I just go to guest services with no ticket and tell them I need an early tag due to my flight. I don't get a ticket until I am at the airport so I can't show them anything.

Yes, no airline excuse needed.

We had our cruise director tell us one time to simply ask as guest services for zone 2 tags because our tags had been "misplaced". He knew they had not been misplaced and that we had been assigned to like zone 19. This was on our October 2009 cruise leaving from San Diego. Pretty sure they are more than happy to accommodate anyone requesting an earlier departure.

We are sailing on the Conquest in Feb 2015 and are looking at our flight options. One option is to fly into Ft Meyers and drive to Ft Lauderdale. The flight home would be at 3pm. Is there any way to request an early time or would self assist be the best route to take?

You could purchase Faster to the Fun which would give you priority debarkation. After that, the fastest option would be self-assist debarkation.

Just FYI -- Ft Myers to Ft. Lauderdale is a pretty long haul, longer than one might think because there is no straight shot. You have to go south on I-75, then across the state.....

Right, it should be around 2-2 1/2 hrs. Our first cruise we flew into Tampa and drove to Miami. Really wasnt too bad of a drive. Even with car rental it will still save us huge on airfare.