24 hr food on Carnival Spirit

yes coffee and tea is available 24/7 and I think the soft serve ice cream but I cant be 100% sure on that one. The soft serve was a bit hard to find it was out on the pool deck tucked in behind the burger hot dog chips area and behind the outdoor stage area.

mmmm not sure that it was all that nice, in fact I am quite happy to have nescafe or maccona instant. The coffee that was 24/7 were from a machine scattered around the dining buffet area and on the deck near the pools, they were made of beans with a choice of hot chocolate, cappuccino, late etc but not like the true ones we pay for in cafes on land. You would have to buy one of those from the café area which isn't open 24/7. other option I guess is to order room service, not sure how good the coffee would be or what it would cost you. I am going on the century in December and will take some instant coffee with me in case things have deteriorated in the last couple of years. when I was on her last they had nescafe instant sachets like most hotels in Australia and I would be quite happy if that is still the case. I prefer a good quality instant to a bad coffee bean drink, but that's just me.

Nothing stopping you taking some cookies/cake/fruit to your cabin earlier in the day and pop in the fridge to have later at night. .

I highly recommend you try the pizza, there is always quite a queue and usually only 1 person making them but they are delish, our favourite was the quatre frommage ie 4 cheeses and can't be beat. We often went to have a slice of pizza after the theatre as our night cap.

Edited by Tara Jane

Thanks Tara Jane. It sounds like the coffee machine at the blood donation centre. I can handle that.

Also I hear from several sources that the pizzas are very good although there's only 4 varieties. Looking forward to trying them all.

Soft serve yoghurt on a warmish night sounds good.

Thanks also for the other ideas.

Edited by Sapphire57

Thanks. I have heard both things about the pizza. ..only 4 varieties and one has blue cheese...so that cuts that one out...dont like ham and pineapple basic pizza...so that's one more off the list....leaving only 2. Oh well it looks like snaffling something the buffet back to the cabin for late night snacks. :-)

coffee from the machine was great, the pizzas were boring as heck, ok but 4 very basic flavours and i like pizzas with more than a handful of cheese some pineapple and salami!

The machine coffee is terrible. I'd rate it below instant.

The pizzas can be ordered custom actually - combined toppings and extra cheese if you wish.

Base is perfect blend and plenty of flavour by itself.

Ingredients on toppings are fresh and not overloaded.

However, if you are used to the horrible takeaway pizza places like Pizza Hut with their excessive toppings, excessive use of low quality cheese and oily bases, yes, you may not like the ones on board.

The machine coffee is terrible. I'd rate it below instant.

The pizzas can be ordered custom actually - combined toppings and extra cheese if you wish.

Base is perfect blend and plenty of flavour by itself.

Ingredients on toppings are fresh and not overloaded.

However, if you are used to the horrible takeaway pizza places like Pizza Hut with their excessive toppings, excessive use of low quality cheese and oily bases, yes, you may not like the ones on board.

Lol I spose everyone to their own tastes. I only eat pizza from the local family owned business so I dare say it wont rate good against that but if I can pick and choose ingredients I will survive. If all else fails I will gi without. ..I'm sure there will be plenty of food - I wont starve! :-)

Same with coffee. I like what I like, not instant but the Jura machine at work that grinds fresh beans every cup or similar hasnt killed me yet. If all else fails I will pay for one or two coffees a day or just drink cocktails. I wont die of thirst!! :-)

Lol I spose everyone to their own tastes. I only eat pizza from the local family owned business so I dare say it wont rate good against that but if I can pick and choose ingredients I will survive. If all else fails I will gi without. ..I'm sure there will be plenty of food - I wont starve! :-)

Same with coffee. I like what I like, not instant but the Jura machine at work that grinds fresh beans every cup or similar hasnt killed me yet. If all else fails I will pay for one or two coffees a day or just drink cocktails. I wont die of thirst!! :-)

We rarely eat pizza and only then those made by ourselves from scratch. I've yet to find any local family owned pizza places that make pizzas that well to be honest.

The ones on Carnival are free as you know, as many as you want, 24 hours a day.

We even had some custom cooked (they are normally run through the belt cooker so come out standard uniform in terms of cooking time).

As far as the coffee goes, we use a manual machine at home with custom ground blend from a supplier in Victoria. We also have a Nespresso which we use for some situations. Not the best but passable for those times we need it.

The two coffee places you can buy custom coffees on the Spirit produce passable coffee. We found the one in the buffet area next to the Pizza place better than the one in the Fountain Cafe. Prices similar to land based coffees.

We rarely eat pizza and only then those made by ourselves from scratch. I've yet to find any local family owned pizza places that make pizzas that well to be honest.

Next time you're in Sydney you should visit my local pizzeria - Via Napoli in Lane Cove. Authentic Neopolitan pizza, and certified by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana.

As well as classic Italian pizza toppings from the simple Margherita to the delicious Quattro Salumi, they sometimes have specials. Today's was blue cheese, zucchini and very thinly sliced pork belly. It was divine!

Eating there is like taking an instant trip to Italy.

To be honest, the best pizzas I've eaten have been outside Italy made by non-Italians. How sad.

As far as the topic goes, given the pizzas are free (and can be custom ordered), they are remarkably good on the Spirit.

Yes cant complain if they are free. Try one and if you dont like it dont have any more is my motto. But gotta give them a go first.