Can Australians book thru US agency for Celebrity ?

Hi Everyone,

With all the price differences on the Celebrity website started doing a bit of research ,found really good pricing for a cruise ,with extra incentives.

But are we allowed to book thru US agencies,its a Big one ,very well known one.

Difference is in the hundreds .

I know Princess won't allow it ,but what about Celebrity cruises from Australia?

Thanks

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone ,

Ask a question and you all answered thank you , Jacquie -dancinman66-SunnyinDubai- Bodogbodog and Shiona I will go ahead with the booking , thank you all. the amount I save is great with the OBC and the free drinks package really is wonderful.:D

Now should I ring them to book? As soon as I work out if they open or asleep over there .:)

Cheers Deb

Your most welcome deb

Rules say we can't mention a travel agent but try a few through google and you will find one

Cheers

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Greg

I think I have found a big well known one .They have been in around for 31 years I think I read .The price have on a concierge balcony is as cheap as an inside cabin thru Celebrity Australia site,for a single cruiser.

Cheers Deb

Edited by angelwingsflys
grammar error

Hi Greg

I think I have found a big well known one .They have been in around for 31 years I think I read .The price have on a concierge balcony is as cheap as an inside cabin thru Celebrity Australia site,for a single cruiser.

Cheers Deb

Deb if its the one i'm thinking of they are good and they have a toll free phone number, if you book the cruise give your credit details over the phone

I have booked 8 cruises now with USA TA's. Have nothing but good things to say about all three of the ones I have used. Don't forget to monitor for any price drops up until final payment and also check after that to see if an upgrade can be had for a little extra $$$.

Definitely talk over the phone. They might even chuck in an extra something if you ask.

Just be careful that the price they have advertised on their site is not a group or senior pricing because you will almost certainly not get the perks (the ones from the cruiseline anyway. The drinks pkg actually comes from Celebrity) with those fares.

One of the big ones I have used is advertising an upcoming big sale.

Would you mind letting us know what cruise you are looking at.

Edited by woodyren

I have booked 8 cruises now with USA TA's. Have nothing but good things to say about all three of the ones I have used. Don't forget to monitor for any price drops up until final payment and also check after that to see if an upgrade can be had for a little extra $$$.

Definitely talk over the phone. They might even chuck in an extra something if you ask.

Just be careful that the price they have advertised on their site is not a group or senior pricing because you will almost certainly not get the perks (the ones from the cruiseline anyway. The drinks pkg actually comes from Celebrity) with those fares.

One of the big ones I have used is advertising an upcoming big sale.

Would you mind letting us know what cruise you are looking at.

Hi woodyren,

I am looking at the Celebrity Century,22nd October 2014.So a bit close to final payment .Will check what is include when I speak to them,they are closed at the moment .I wonder what time do they open ? Is it Sunday over there ?

I already have a cruise booked in November but I have just found out that some of my friends are all booked on the October cruise and they want me go with as well ,I must be crazy;),but I can get time off (already been accepted ),so why not ,the joys of being a cruise addict !!

Cheers Deb

Hi woodyren,

I am looking at the Celebrity Century,22nd October 2014.So a bit close to final payment .Will check what is include when I speak to them,they are closed at the moment .I wonder what time do they open ? Is it Sunday over there ?

I already have a cruise booked in November but I have just found out that some of my friends are all booked on the October cruise and they want me go with as well ,I must be crazy;),but I can get time off (already been accepted ),so why not ,the joys of being a cruise addict !!

Cheers Deb

This cruise is as cheap as I have seen it for inside and other categories. If we weren't in China at that time we would have grabbed a budget inside for a short break

I am seeing $1134 US (all taxes included) for a Concierge GTY. Are you seeing better than that?

My TA will open around 11pm AEST tomorrow night and be open till 8am the next morning. That is pretty normal 9-5 hours over there. Most of the agents work different hours though. I have had many who work at night so you call them in the morning till early arvo. See if you can spring grats drinks and OBC.

Edited by woodyren

Woohoo go Deb ..... the one we book with has a loyality club, they have great promotions, they are supplying the OBC and free grats via their sale with drinks pkg through cruiseline. We supply credit card details in 3 emails, if concerned with the one you are looking at ring them i have spoken to them before they are also great to deal with .... Good luck :D

Hi rkmw ,Is it safe to give my Credit card details ,do you think?

Cheers Deb

Why not. These are huge cruise agencies and your credit card will also have fraud protection. I have booked every cruise with my CC over the phone. If you want to get the best forex rate and no forex exchange fees you should use a Citibank plus visa debit card. I use my amex though because booking the cruise with amex gets me free travel insurance.

This cruise is as cheap as I have seen it for inside and other categories. If we weren't in China at that time we would have grabbed a budget inside for a short break

I am seeing $1134 US (all taxes included) for a Concierge GTY. Are you seeing better than that?

My TA will open around 11pm AEST tomorrow night and be open till 8am the next morning. That is pretty normal 9-5 hours over there. Most of the agents work different hours though. I have had many who work at night so you call them in the morning till early arvo. See if you can spring grats drinks and OBC.

Hi Woodyren,the pricing I have is for a solo cabin and they have quoted $800 inside GTY with $100 OBC (was $1400 on Celebrity site ),

When I did my research, I was looking at were hundreds more in each cat.

I have my email at the bottom of my signature if you want to contact me about the Credit cards security.;)

Cheers Deb

Hi rkmw ,Is it safe to give my Credit card details ,do you think?

Cheers Deb

Deb when i was using the US TA i would always give my CC details over the phone and never had a problem

these are the office hours

Office Hours: Mon 12am - 1pm & 8:30pm - 12am, Tue 12am - 1pm & 8:30pm - 12am, Wed-Fri 12am - 4pm & 8:30pm - 12am,

Sat 12am - 4pm & 11pm - 12am, Sun 12am - 11am,

Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) in Sydney, Australia

Hi Greg

Cheers Deb

That's sounds the way to go deb

Also get smaller deposits and better payment times usually

It's the only way to go unless royal or princess target Australian market specifically for a cruise then the others can't compete

That happened early this year so keep all options open

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some Aussies are scared by the local agencies saying you are more at risk. The only risk is currency fluctuations if you want to cruise US lines buy currency when rates are favourable which gives you an edge if they drop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our last cruise was booked through a US TA. We received the 123promo and used the generous OBC to upgrade this to premium. We had money left over and it was refunded to the credit card.

Looking at booking another one now. Once again the 123promo has been applied. It's disappeared now on their website.