Boarding Pictures

I've come across some old embarkation pictures from the 90's.

Most of us don't bother to stop to get this taken anymore, but some of them are priceless.

Please post some of your first encounter pictures with the shipboard photgraphers.

:D

Oh...we always get ours!! We've been cruising with RCI for 29 years and it is so fun to compare all those pictures!

This is our first cruise in 1985 (honeymoon).

Scan0011_zps7a2dd1e0.jpg

And this is the last one we took this past July:

Scan0054_zpsc78a2409.jpg

Don't have any pictures to post but we always stop and get our picture taken...tradition I guess. Fun to look at during the Cruise. We never by them though.

My wife still insists we stop and we frequently by them. As a result, I am usually dressed what would be called Smart Casual for the picture, but my swimsuit is in my carry on! At least at most ports the people who don't want the pictures can go around those that do easily. I remember my first 3 cruises out of Miami they were doing the pics in the hallway upstairs as you boarded the ship and the people who didn't want the photos either had to wait in line anyway, or storm through the photographer's shot. A bad situation for all. That was Miami in 2006, 7 and 8. I think when I was back in Miami last year they moved it to a better spot. Not a problem in Tampa, San Juan, or Port Everglades.

I posted our very first embarkation photo from 1991 (along with others over the years) on my blog. Check it out: http://www.susancrow.blogspot.com/2013/06/embarking-on-adventure.html

It's fun looking at the old ones.

LOL!! Your 1998 boarding picture on the Veendam is the same background as our 1985 background for the Song of America! That's funny!

Not an embarkation, but boarding after a day in St. Thomas, the Fairwind, 1986. Note the difference in the alcohol policy between then and now - those boxes are both full of liquor!

FairwindStThomas1986.jpg

How cruising has changed. :)

ETA: Along with our hairstyles.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Oh...we always get ours!! We've been cruising with RCI for 29 years and it is so fun to compare all those pictures!

This is our first cruise in 1985 (honeymoon).

Scan0011_zps7a2dd1e0.jpg

And this is the last one we took this past July:

Scan0054_zpsc78a2409.jpg

Jane: Hair! ;)

As we will be cruising for the 1st time very soon i didnt know you had your photo taken before you set sail, what is the price of these photos? Thanks in advance for replies.

They don't charge for taking the photos, however the prints are $20 to $25 each.

I won't post our first 3 boarding pictures because between the 2 of us weighed 230 pounds more! I thought we would get to a point of "been there/done that, but now that my wife looks like this, we have to get the photo every time.

onboard2009.jpg

Jane: Hair! ;)

I Know!!!!!

Sunny AZ Girl.....One of these days I'm going to gather all the boarding pictures, scan them and make some kind of collage with them.....might be poster size. I might also put them in some kind of booklet made by Mosaic or Shutterfly or something.