Wrist bands

Bogof1

I don't see the problem this post is a joke if you don't want to wear it put it in your pocket or wherever you put your cruise card. Hang it around your neck who cares. Deal with it thats part of life. It its that bad stay home. Nobodys looking at you saying my god her bracelet looks terrible in that outfit.

About a year or so ago' date=' we got a free one of those (that brand, not sure of the exact type) that our health insurance company was sending to people with certain disorders, I guess. Our family asthmatic got one. Still in its package, unopened, as that recall announcement came out about that time.

I have a watch with a plastic band that I stopped wearing. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a watch band that fits without irritating me or slipping around my narrow wrist.[/quote']

Another reason to pack a roll of duct tape!! :D

The tape comes in so many neat colors & designs. :cool:

Just read that the new RCCL wristband will cost $2/wristband. Cruise cards will still be free. :)

You would think that if a person was paying upwards of $1000 to be on an RCCL cruise that a $2 wristband would be included.

RFID is good as long as no dishonest people are around you. It is possible for others around you and your wrist band to read what is on it...

When I got my passport card with RFID chip, it came with a mylar sleeve and instructions to keep it in the sleeve at all times when not in use. The info then went on to say how secure the encryption is. Talk about mixed messages!

When I got my passport card with RFID chip, it came with a mylar sleeve and instructions to keep it in the sleeve at all times when not in use. The info then went on to say how secure the encryption is. Talk about mixed messages!

When I got my passport card the Mylar sleeve lasted about a week, then it got tossed out.

Hi. Thanx to all who have contributed to this post. Obviously we all have our opinions but I really hope Princess don't go this way....yes I know u can put them in a pocket etc etc, i only started the thread from something read on FB inviting people's opinions . They sure are varied :)

Nobodys looking at you saying my god her bracelet looks terrible in that outfit.

If only that was true. Not only will the people watches talk about you, they will post a picture on Facebook, Instagram, tweet about it and probably start a website people of Princess dot com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or zap passengers with Traditional dining as they walk into the Anytime dining room.

Sure, if there were a princess policy about it.

I'd hate for people to be zapped based on every pronouncement

of what it right or wrong on cruise critic.

Princess DOES ask you not to reserve loungers.

For a localized system its ok. For example, the Disney system only has a unique ID for the band, all the processing is done server side and verified with a second factor (PIN or fingerprint). So if someone read and cloned your number, all they could do is possibly order your special meal..

RFID is good as long as no dishonest people are around you. It is possible for others around you and your wrist band to read what is on it.

From USA Today:

It's an unfortunate reality of our digital age. Thieves are now extremely advanced when it comes to stealing your credit card number, and ultimately your digital ID. These days, all it takes is a scanner in someone's shopping bag to grab your credit card number safely tucked into your purse or back pocket.

If you're unfamiliar with how Radio Frequency Identity theft occurs,

The same type of scanners that allow you to tap your credit card for payment at check-out at a store can easily be purchased by anyone, carried in a nondescript way through stores or malls to scan your credit card numbers from you, from several feet of way. This type of wireless crime which has significantly increased happens quickly and without our knowledge until it's too late.