Are the Specialty Restaurants Refundable?

robin13

If I book a restaurant on line and then change my mind on the cruise will I be able to get a refund for the dinner? I know with excursions you can cancel 24 hours ahead so but I didn't know if the restaurants had the same policy.

If I book a restaurant on line and then change my mind on the cruise will I be able to get a refund for the dinner? I know with excursions you can cancel 24 hours ahead so but I didn't know if the restaurants had the same policy.

Yes, you can get a refund as a credit to your onboard account, but I believe there is a time limit also. Seem to recall 24 hours.

I think you do need to cancel at least 24 hours ahead for your refund, to your sea-pass account.

Edited by Folk Singer

I can confirm it is 24 hours. We had two reservations for Portofinos on our March Explorer cruise. We went once and decided to forego the second reservation later in the week. I just went to Portofinos and cancelled ahead of the 24 hour period. The refund (OBC) was noted on our seapass that same day.

Thanks for the information. I was given a free dinner for two from a TA but you can't book it ahead of time. You have to book it on the ship. There is a group of people eating in the Samba Grill for our friends 31st wedding anniversary and they have already made their reservations so I didn't want to miss out in case the place fills up. When I get aboard I will see if I can use it for that particular night and if so I will cancel the one I have paid for. I am good with getting OBC as I am going to do the drink package.