Parking at Port Miami-Questions

elainmir

I'm already planning to stay in Fort Lauderdale as the hotel prices are WAYYY less expensive than Miami and better rated. I'm planning on parking at port because I feel more secure with my car there..I'm surprised that a city as big as Miami doesn't have an online payment system like Port Canaveral does. Is it a pain in the butt when it comes to payment ? Can I pay ahead of time or do I have to wait until we leave? Did anyone experience the new tunnel? I want to miss the downtown traffic! Thanks in advance!

Not trying to hijack your plans, but have you considered a park & cruise hotel package in Miami? There are several from 100 to 150 a night that included transport to cruise port. You would save that $20/day parking at port.

We've done it several times and it works great (and saves money).

Not trying to hijack your plans, but have you considered a park & cruise hotel package in Miami? There are several from 100 to 150 a night that included transport to cruise port. You would save that $20/day parking at port.

We've done it several times and it works great (and saves money).

What places have you you stayed? We are looking at a park and cruise hotel in March. How secure was the parking?

I see a lot of the Cruise and Park but not one I saw said they had security for your car and the reviews for the ones I saw were not all that great...one was even called a flea bag hotel in the review! This hotel had many reviews like that! I'd rather rise early at my hotel 40 minutes away and drive in that morning. A lot of the hotels that had great reviews the cost was crazy , no security for car and the shuttle was usually only for two. I have four in my party. A lot of the "lots" were not licensed according to many reviews and security was non existent. Is the 60 plus dollar difference worth my time not to have to deal with insurance should something be broken into? YEP! Just wondering what others had experienced parking at the port! ;)