Live from Rotterdam to Norway, Sept. 6-13, 2014 (plus a few days in Netherlands)

sppunk

Chris, SO GLAD you got the nice discount from HAL. Where to next? Surely hope you will do another "Live from..." I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments and seeing your excellent pictures of Norway.

Also, a much belated "Thank You" for your very kind words on another thread. :)

Most likely Alaska in 2016; doing a land trip (a surprise for Kathryn to celebrate our 10 year anniversary). Plan to join us in Alaska!

Most likely Alaska in 2016; doing a land trip (a surprise for Kathryn to celebrate our 10 year anniversary). Plan to join us in Alaska!

Alaska! Perfect!

Have you been to Alaska before? I must say that our all time favorite trip was a cruise/tour to Alaska with Holland America (Ryndam) several years ago. Both of you will love it. With all your travels, I'm sure you have been there before. Any specific places in mind to visit?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Bumping ...

We wrote after our cruise to HAL expressing our displeasure of our toilet not working often and us using public facilities instead of our own most of the cruise. We wrote to let corporate know of the issue as I feel they should track infrastructure details and personal hygiene issues closely. We also complimented several key staff members for gong above their duties on the voyage.

Today we received a letter from HAL offering a fairly significant dollar amount off a future cruise. So, it can literally pay to voice concerns (and praise) in a level-headed, sincere manner.

Yes I know this is an old thread.

To ease future cruisers mind, we cruised twice in cabin 6229 since OP's review and both times there were no issues with flushing or otherwise. Last one was in December 2015. So it was probably fixed during drydock.