Park N Cruise Vs. Park Port Canaveral?

AnnaNimitee

Short answer in blackjack rules: it is a 'push'

but if you want to compare IMO

{btw ... I live here ... there ... whatever}

I use Park n Cruise .... they were "the first" ... off site parking here in PC

{a while back the original owners sold the place and a new group took over. I'm still happy with them but a few things HAVE changed.}

I often drive by on Sundays (exercising my classic Mini) and the lot is overflowing . . . but IME they always let me park my own car and keep my keys.

the lot is gravel, but well lit, fenced and has cameras ... being right next to 528, there is visibility from the highway (if that means anything)

they have at least 3 shuttles and I've never waited more than 5 minutes .. on the out or return side.

for Park Port Canaveral

yes, run by Radisson ... across the street from the hotel, and using empty parking from a former space shuttle support company. Fenced, lit, cameras and paved. I have seen a few reports of vandalism/theft (stolen gas)

Shares the Rad's shuttles, and there are MANY of these (10+?) .... but Rad also subcontracts their shuttles out in addition to serving the hotel folks and just because they OWN many does not mean they have drivers on duty for all. Rad' HAS the option of bringing in more drivers on very busy days . . . so hopefully they run more shuttles on a day 4 ships are in versus a one ship day but have no experience with this . . as I said, I've never used them so all I mention is opinion . . .

They advertise lowest cost ... but last time I checked this was lowest by 2 cents a day . . .

P n C is WEST of the port at the last exit b4 you get to the port on 528 ..... Radisson is past the port on 528/A1A almost exactly as far from the turn into the port as P n C. Radisson claims 'closest' but measuring on Google Earth the difference is measured in yards . . .

bottom line ... flip a coin or see if any is running a special ... btw, IME BOTH these places have a good price ONLY if you pre-book via web . . .

Thanks so much, Cap'n! Those are exactly the things I wanted to know. Really appreciate your taking the time to answer so thoroughly. I've stayed at the Radisson and used their shuttle service before (and was happy with it), but people also seem to be very happy with PnC. I've noticed a very full lot when we've gone out there to wave at the departing ships, too. Good to know there's not a long wait for the shuttles. That's really the main concern, I guess, now that I think about it.

HELP. I must be really confused. We are driving down also in several weeks and planned to park at the port,,,,never have before. We are coming from MD.

When you park at the port do you need to take a shuttle??? Is the any problems with security (with the vehicles) there?

We part at our port in MD and it is right at the ship, we drive in, drop off luggage, park and walk a couple hundred feet to the bldg. Cars are secured, well lit and never any problems. THANKS

HELP. I must be really confused. We are driving down also in several weeks and planned to park at the port,,,,never have before. We are coming from MD.

When you park at the port do you need to take a shuttle??? Is the any problems with security (with the vehicles) there?

We part at our port in MD and it is right at the ship, we drive in, drop off luggage, park and walk a couple hundred feet to the bldg. Cars are secured, well lit and never any problems. THANKS

Sorry to worry you! No, this is not about parking at the port itself. We're semi-local (about an hour away) and looking for (cheaper) off-site parking. If you're parking at the port, it should be similar to your home port in MD.

Enjoy your cruise!

yes, parking at the port is simple and easy

and these two places save you about 1/2 the daily cost for a short shuttle ride . . . both of these places are within SIGHT of the ships

the shuttle ride is 7 to 10 minutes IME

(shorter then when I use the 'cheap lots' at the Orlando Airport!)

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 3 weeks later...

we used Park Port Canaveral in June with absolutely no problems. We were driving from Orlando so we stopped at the cruise terminal on the way in, checked our luggage (we had a lot of luggage), then continued to Park Port Canaveral...just worked out better for us not having to unload, load, and unload again, and since it was on the way, it was very easy. The driver even gave us a tip on how to avoid the long security line when we got there. Shuttle was waiting for us when we got off the ship. Would definitely use them again.

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to thank everyone who chimed in on this post. This was exactly what I was looking for (and even though I had to search a couple different way, I finally found it :p)

My old school chum and I are taking a short 4 day cruise on Enchantment in late Feb. I have cruised several times before (although never out of Port Canaveral) but this will be my friend's first cruise. It took some convincing to finally get her to try a cruise and I definitely want things to get off to a good start from the moment we park. The info you all kindly shared in this post should hopefully help to ensure that "good start" of which I am hoping.

Thanks again!!!

Melissa

I just wanted to thank everyone who chimed in on this post. This was exactly what I was looking for (and even though I had to search a couple different way, I finally found it :p)

My old school chum and I are taking a short 4 day cruise on Enchantment in late Feb. I have cruised several times before (although never out of Port Canaveral) but this will be my friend's first cruise. It took some convincing to finally get her to try a cruise and I definitely want things to get off to a good start from the moment we park. The info you all kindly shared in this post should hopefully help to ensure that "good start" of which I am hoping.

Thanks again!!!

Melissa

On a 4 day you will save about $40, I'd park at port for that much. On a 7 day I'd do off site, but on 14 days I'd park at port because they tend to not be able to collect for more than 1 cruise.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Park N Cruise is now 8.99 and is apparently running scheduled shuttles, (every half hour starting at 11 am) not on demand like they have done in the past.

We have used them a lot but I think we are going to look elsewhere.

Also if you look at their website there are no longer any shuttles between 11:30 and 1:00pm. They told us it is due to the porters being on lunch and long waits at the port. They stated this is for RCL only, not sure why id would not be for other cruise lines.

Just want to give a heads up.

Edited by molly361