Wharf extension OPT

Graham - did you tell a lady to stop taking photos about half past twelve? Overall it was as good as it could be, but I don't know why the first ferry we were on took so long to scan and load. I am glad it got better at that.

Anecdotally people that left their luggage at the opt got it later after dinner.

I haven't been able to load up pics yet but I hope to in the next couple of days.

No :D I WAS on the pontoon at 12:30 but did not tell anyone not to take photos, that would have been one of the security people ( they like that sort of thing:o ) I was holding the gangplank and making sure no one fell in the water. Someone said I looked like a policeman because I had to wear a dark blue life jacket and had a dark blue baseball cap and dark blue polo shirt and pants,... come tho think of it I probably did....Hmmmm...women like a man in uniform don't they????:rolleyes:.....got into a white shortsleeve shirt and no lifejacket today.. a lot cooler.

Yes I /we don't really know what happened with the first big ferry (John Cadman II) but things improved a fair bit after that. It also took forever for it to get in and tie up at the pontoon due to its size and all the lines from the Solstice in the way but was a lot quicker today with the smaller Rhapsody and no lines. We are learning:)

Edited by gbenjo

Hi everyone and especially GBENJO,

We're coming down to the big smoke tomorrow, and staying o/night for our first ever trip on Celebrity - we booked right back in January!. ;) I've learned everything about Celebrity on these boards and from people like you who're more than happy to share their knowledge. :)

Has anything changed for our Thursday 30th sailing of the Century? We haven't heard any more since an email from our useless T/A last week, (we've only heard from her once, apart from being sent the Passenger Ticket) saying it was likely to be very busy at the OPT, and to stick to the time Celebrity told us for boarding. After a bit of checking, we've established the time for our deck to embark is 1.30. I assume it's the same time for wheelchair assistance on to the ship, which we've already booked.

So, the big question is, how's it going for a smooth sailout?

Thanks again for being there and sharing,

Lurv

ratacake

No the Century on the 30th is a "normal " turnaround as there is another ship( well a P&O one:rolleyes:) at White Bay on the same day so it will be business as usual as far as possible.

Can't do much about the seastate for a smooth sailout:D but hopefully you will get away on time.

Hi everyone and especially GBENJO,

We're coming down to the big smoke tomorrow, and staying o/night for our first ever trip on Celebrity - we booked right back in January!. ;) I've learned everything about Celebrity on these boards and from people like you who're more than happy to share their knowledge. :)

Has anything changed for our Thursday 30th sailing of the Century? We haven't heard any more since an email from our useless T/A last week, (we've only heard from her once, apart from being sent the Passenger Ticket) saying it was likely to be very busy at the OPT, and to stick to the time Celebrity told us for boarding. After a bit of checking, we've established the time for our deck to embark is 1.30. I assume it's the same time for wheelchair assistance on to the ship, which we've already booked.

So, the big question is, how's it going for a smooth sailout?

Thanks again for being there and sharing,

Lurv

ratacake

I found this on the royal caribbean website - there is a link from the home page so maybe it's on celebrity's website as well..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/alertsContentPage.do?pagename=homepage_alert&rep=1

I am inclined to like ramps.;)

Does give you a different slant on things.

I Tried uploading some more photos but for some reason the same one kept coming up Will try again tomorrow

Edited by gbenjo

2iram2d.jpg

Looking back down the ramp to the pontoon

2hceotl.jpg

And this is the view from my "office" where I HAVE to work for the White Bay check in turnarounds....lifes tough... I told my boss that working on the pontoon was like spending the day on a boat in the harbour and asked if they could supply a dozen beers a couple of kilos of sausages and a barbcue for me...............I am still waiting

Edited by gbenjo

Yes life is tough for you, but actually, it may get a lot tougher if the weather turns, Hope there is fair weather for these embarkations.:D

G'day Mic

I'd rather his office in a storm than mine in any weather.

OPT so efficiently handled boarding and disembarkation today on our Century cruise.

Even got a call out from another pax in the CC function, and then positive advice about being ahead of time when leaving from the crew.

Smooth as. Great job!

OPT so efficiently handled boarding and disembarkation today on our Century cruise.

Even got a call out from another pax in the CC function, and then positive advice about being ahead of time when leaving from the crew.

Smooth as. Great job!

Excellent they might have learnt something from the last time.

Smooth as. Great job!

Good to hear, Hope you had a great cruise.:D

Smooth as. Great job!

That is totally understandable...... considering the fantastic staff they have working there:D:D:D seriously though , the embark for the Century yesterday was probably the one of the smoothest and quickest I have seen in four years, there were virtually no lines all day and we pretty much had everybody checked in, give or take 150 or so, by around 2:30pm... maybe they should leave the terminal the way it is and save some taxpayers money:)

That is totally understandable...... considering the fantastic staff they have working there:D:D:D seriously though , the embark for the Century yesterday was probably the one of the smoothest and quickest I have seen in four years, there were virtually no lines all day and we pretty much had everybody checked in, give or take 150 or so, by around 2:30pm... maybe they should leave the terminal the way it is and save some taxpayers money:)

Noooooo. I want it bigger and better so that every embarkation is smooth, not just the ones I am doing.;)

Edited by MicCanberra

Dare I suggest that all this extra work will be worth it when the Quantum class comes to Sydney. (As hinted to by senior officer). Radiance goes for refurbishing and maintenance in 2016 supposedly, ? maybe the last we will see of her to make way for the newer ship, 2016-17. Just suggesting.

The Sydney OPT website, (? needs updating) states there is a drop off bag facility from 9.30am. Helps people who have to check out of hotels by 10am but not able to board until after 2pm. Does anyone know if this facility still applies during the renovations?

Edited by happysnapper

The Sydney OPT website, (? needs updating) states there is a drop off bag facility from 9.30am. Helps people who have to check out of hotels by 10am but not able to board until after 2pm. Does anyone know if this facility still applies during the renovations?

Yes it is, but normally starts around 8:30am not 9:30am

Noooooo. I want it bigger and better so that every embarkation is smooth, not just the ones I am doing.;)

I don't care about the rest of them, or even the other passengers on my cruise as long as "I'm right".:D

Well sometimes that seems the way that everyone else thinks so why not me:eek:.

I don't care about the rest of them, or even the other passengers on my cruise as long as "I'm right".:D

OK we heard you the first time:D:D