San Juan on Christmas Day

cruisingwiththe family

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm looking for the same information. We were planning on going to the old fort, but I read it will be closed. Next best thing is to find a nice beach. Travelling with husband and twin boys, age 13, on Carnival Conquest, departing out of Miami Dec 21.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I'm looking for the same information. We were planning on going to the old fort, but I read it will be closed. Next best thing is to find a nice beach. Travelling with husband and twin boys, age 13, on Carnival Conquest, departing out of Miami Dec 21.

I never heard anything from anyone about Christmas day. I am coming with an almost 13 year old boy!! We have done San Juan a few times...we are thinking ziplining. My kids are adrenaline junkies! Otherwise, probably the rain forest... We will be on the same cruise!

Edited by cruisingwiththe family

We were there post cruise on Christmas day in 2012 and I do know the forts and the rain forest are both closed that day. I think you can park at the gate and hike into the rain forest. I imagine there are private tours available. Have you tried to look on puertoricodaytrips dot com there might be some links for private people to contact. Usually when a ship is in port there are people there trying to make money.