Butler Service

Pickels

Cruising on the Equinox next March,(can't wait), with butler service, can the butler make reservations for ALL restaurants, or are there certain restaurants that we have to reserve on our own. Thanks all, happy cruisin'. :D

Yes the butler can make all your reservations for you - although if you must have a certain day and time - there is no guarantee that it will be available. Our one and only butler on Eclipse went so far above and beyond our expectations - I'm forever spoiled. :D Enjoy your cruise and your butler.

Depending in which suite level you're in you can use the butler or the Michael's Club concierge. Both carry phones with them to answer during normal hours if they are not at a desk. Sometimes they have coverage if they are off. They can also make reservations for the Spa as well as other events onboard that need reservations if any.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I had a butler in a suite and although he was nice and carried a phone with him, when I asked him about dinner reservations, he gave me the extensions for the specialty restaurants.

I'm booked in a standard balcony this time around as I didn't notice the benefit of having a butler and didn't need the extra space the suite brings this time around.

I had a butler in a suite and although he was nice and carried a phone with him, when I asked him about dinner reservations, he gave me the extensions for the specialty restaurants.

I'm booked in a standard balcony this time around as I didn't notice the benefit of having a butler and didn't need the extra space the suite brings this time around.

that would be exceedingly disappointing. I havent sailed celebrity but on a prior cruise with a butler one needed to make the merest suggestion and action would happen (ie bookings for restaurants etc) and then the butler would confirm with me later that was indeed what I wanted.

that would be exceedingly disappointing. I havent sailed celebrity but on a prior cruise with a butler one needed to make the merest suggestion and action would happen (ie bookings for restaurants etc) and then the butler would confirm with me later that was indeed what I wanted.

We've had Butlers of different calibers, but never an experience like the previous poster accepted, and frankly I would not expect or accept on Celebrity.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Butler services really depend on the person. We have had outstanding butlers on NCL in the past. However our one experience with a butler on X was dismal. He was poorly trained, and provided little else than bring afternoon snacks.

While I'm sure the majority of X's butlers are great, ours was at the bottom of the curve. Luck of the draw I guess.

We have had butlers on 5 occasions and although they have always been great, we don't ask them to do things we can easily do for ourselves. Typically we make our specialty reservations before the cruise or when we first get on board.

It certainly wouldn't make or break our cruise if the butler didn't call up the restaurant for us. We're pretty low maintenance, though. We get sky suites for the extra space and the location on the ship and not for the butler.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

We have had butlers on 5 occasions and although they have always been great, we don't ask them to do things we can easily do for ourselves. Typically we make our specialty reservations before the cruise or when we first get on board.

It certainly wouldn't make or break our cruise if the butler didn't call up the restaurant for us. We're pretty low maintenance, though. We get sky suites for the extra space and the location on the ship and not for the butler.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

We've had three different butlers in SkySuites, and have generally been happy with all of them. Like you, we tend to do things for ourselves, whenever possible. I always think of the butlers as the cavalry that you can call in, when there is a problem. If we found ourselves needing an excursion that was sold out, or a dining reservation in a "booked" specialty restaurant, I would ask for our butler's assistance. :cool:

We had an outstanding butler (Kolja from Serbia) on our Century to Hawaii cruise, a couple of years ago. When my DH's rented tux ended up being the wrong size (and missing buttons) our butler was able to get the necessary repairs/alterations done, in time for formal night. On that same cruise, the laundry returned one of my shirts, stained with big green blotches (fabric softener?). Our butler kept after the laundry manager until they fixed the problem, and got the stains (that they had put in) out of the garment. One afternoon, Kolja saw me in the hallway, quietly swearing at my apparently de-magnetized Sea-Pass card. He let me into the room, and then he took my card down to the GR desk to be re-charged. I was so spoiled, by the end of that cruise! :D

I see you are sailing on Relection soon. Just came off of the 10 day Mediterranian cruise in a Celeberity Suite. Nalan our butler from Turkey was out of this world! She was everything you would want in a butler and we are low maintanance. With that said she was always asking what she could do for us, brought us breakfast on time (we had private tours set up earlier) 6 AM. Always had a cheese tray with fruit and other meats for our cocktails at the end of a long day. When I had to call her phone it rang once and she was there.

I asked that we have plenty of ice and she had the steward fill two ice buckets and the champagne bucket! :D Not needed but she wanted it to be done right.

Nalan was the second butler we have had on X, the first was good but Nalan was the best!! :)

I've only not had a butler once once. Let's say, I'll never do that again. If you can afford a suite, it's worth it. But only if you utilize the services, perks, and appreciate the extra space. If you need something, your butler is there to serve you. From unpacking your clothes, clothes pressed, reservations, in room dining, basic help & advise, etc - etc. The more services I utilize from the butler, the more I tip as well. I cannot say enough good things about having a suite and the service that was provided from our butler's and all other staff members. My wife and I both recognize the benefit of suite experience and enjoy what Celebrity offers with it.