Boardwalk Balcony: which to choose??

Hello everyone!

We are a family of 4 and will be sailing on the Oasis on September 26, 2015. DS will be 6, DD will be 14 months. This is our first time on Royal (we've cruised on Carnival and Disney before always with ocean view balconies). We had originally booked Boardwalk Balcony 12705 but I wanted something with more of an ocean view. I noticed 9725 just became available and it's only 2 staterooms away from the aft. We want to keep the Boardwalk stateroom because of the novelty of it and because we think the kids would like it. Should I stay with the original stateroom or change it? Any thoughts? Pros or cons? Thanks in advance!

Edited by NoWavesInCali

Hello everyone!

We are a family of 4 and will be in the Oasis for the September 26, 2015 sailing. DS will be 6, DD will be 14 months. This is our first time on Royal (we've cruised on Carnival and Disney before always with ocean view balconies). We had originally booked Boardwalk Balcony 12705 but I wanted something with more of an ocean view. I noticed 9725 just became available and it's only 2 staterooms away from the aft. We want to keep the Boardwalk stateroom because of the novelty of it and because we think the kids would like it. Should I stay with the original stateroom or change it? Any thoughts? Pros or cons? Thanks in advance!

First time we cruised was on the Oasis and we really liked the Boardwalk Balcony and also the central park ones as well. there is a lot to see and keep little ones entertained with all the things going on, on the board walk.

Edited by Folk Singer

I would totally recommend switching. We recently stayed in 11727 (two from the back) on the Allure and loved having the ocean view as well as a great view of the shows and the Boardwalk below. It was nice to be able to go use the "secret balcony" just a few steps away anytime we wanted. Most of the time it was completely empty and felt like our own exclusive balcony.

The shows can be a bit loud, but we found that if you turned the handle on the balcony door properly the door would seal and very little could be heard outside.

Thanks S.S.! I called and it was already taken! But good looking out :)

Strange, I see it still available along with 8729 as well.

These are both 3 person cabins which is what I think you are in now. Is that correct?

If so is that because your youngest is only 14 months they allow that?

Good luck.:)

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

I did a mock-up booking for 4 people and it came up again! So I called Costco Travel (who contacts RCI for verification of availability for us) and we were able to move!! Whoooo-hoo!! Cabin 9729 here we come!! So excited! I didn't even tell my husband, it'll be a nice surprise ... In about a year hahaha

Thanks again Bill!!