Anyone been to Paradise beach in Cozumel,

Yazoo cruiser

Thinking about trying it this time. How does it compare to Chakannab, Passion island and other beaches. Also can anyone give me a ballpark figure for taxi rates both ways, entrance into the park, cost of a meal for two people and any other items I might have forgotten. THANKS.

Senor Pancho's, Nachi Cocum and Paradise Beach are all along the same stretch of sand, so the beach areas are similar. Passion Island is further away in the opposite direction (north).

Cab fare to Nachi was something like $10 or so, Paradise may be $12. I've heard Paradise is a $3 admission per person?

I believe we paid $14 for the taxi. The admission is $3pp and they ask you to spend $10 pp in food/drinks. We enjoyed our day there back in March. Very relaxing. The pool area is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

LOVED Paradise beach!! Would go back anytime! Great pool, great beach, very good food, great bar AND free wifi!! Excellent time! We got there after 2pm last time and there was no admission charge. I think the usual charge is only a few dollars and taxi was $12-14 or so.

We love Paradise Beach. The facility is clean and well maintained.

The entry fee is 3.00 per person, but that also includes the use of the beach chairs and pool area. The fun pass is 15.00 which will get you a wristband for the water toys and inflatables.

They do request 10.00 spent on food - we had two small kids with us last time and they did not impose on us not spending a bunch of money.

We ended up sharing a van with some other cruisers to Paradise Beach. It was 30.00 and there were 9 of us in the van.

We took a cab on the way back and it was 15.00 (there were only 4 of us in the cab).

We loved Paradise Beach. It was $3 to get in and I think we paid $12 for our boys to use the inflatables. They never want to get out of the water, so the a la carte pricing made more sense for them than an all inclusive.

It's a little rocky, so make sure you have water shoes or Chacos.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Carlos n Charlies is walking distance away from PB. You can walk along the beach to either place from either place (CnC is first along the way). Nachi is actually in the next zone, a couple bucks more, but I can't compare other than distance/fare. Been to PB twice now and probably prefer it over Chankanaab due to the numerous activities included in the package rate ($15 or $17 for kayaks, inflatables, paddleboards, snorkel gear). LOVED paddle boarding, did it for the first time there. Also the pool is amazing, huge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Carlos n Charlies is walking distance away from PB. You can walk along the beach to either place from either place (CnC is first along the way). Nachi is actually in the next zone, a couple bucks more, but I can't compare other than distance/fare. Been to PB twice now and probably prefer it over Chankanaab due to the numerous activities included in the package rate ($15 or $17 for kayaks, inflatables, paddleboards, snorkel gear). LOVED paddle boarding, did it for the first time there. Also the pool is amazing, huge.

They have Paddle Boarding at PB??? Is there someone to instruct how to do it? Is it part of the $15 wristband or a separate charge?

They have Paddle Boarding at PB??? Is there someone to instruct how to do it? Is it part of the $15 wristband or a separate charge?

The number of paddle boards and kayaks is limited, but most people just go around the roped area once or twice and quit...you don't go up and down the coast for as long as you want. There are employees running all the activities (you need an ID or 5 bucks to hold snorkel gear) and they will give you the jest of paddle boarding, although I don't remember asking the locals. I did ask the person coming in for any pointers and was told where to stand on the board. If/when you fall off you just climb back on best you can and get your balance again to stand. I did not realize what a calf workout it would be, but those muscles are used for balance along with your entire lower body. It was a great feeling of accomplishment for this over 50 lady. I would do it again!

If you don't feel safe with just 2 girls, wait at the taxi stand and ask if anyone else is going to paradise beach and share a cab. I've never traveled with just 2 girls so I can't help much. My dh is a big guy so we never had any trouble.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Are the taxi rides safe for 2 women traveling together? A few years ago, a taxi driver stole my husband of his possessions when returning with my 10 yr old son. Are things better?

Cabs in Coz are well regulated (something I cannot say about cabs in Philly :mad:) and we've never had a problem during multiple visits. As always, some common sense and having at least one of your party close to sober will help. ;)

World-wide I typically snap a photo of the cab with my phone before getting in - if the driver asks I let him know I want his cab number just in case I "forget" something. With his cab identified they should be less likely to try to take advantage of you. :cool:

Cabs in Coz are well regulated (something I cannot say about cabs in Philly :mad:) and we've never had a problem during multiple visits. As always, some common sense and having at least one of your party close to sober will help. ;)

World-wide I typically snap a photo of the cab with my phone before getting in - if the driver asks I let him know I want his cab number just in case I "forget" something. With his cab identified they should be less likely to try to take advantage of you. :cool:

That's an interesting tactic. Coz has probably one of the best run taxi stations around when you get off the ship...lots of space and fast service.

We spent the day at Paradise Beach last week, the weather wasn't the best but we still had a GREAT time. Drinks and food were very good(try the fish tacos)the staff very attentive. Love the pool area. All public areas very clean. We will be visiting again.