Antartica - ships with single cabins?

2nutz4travel

Looking at doing an Antarctic cruise in 2017 or possibly 2016, unfortunately I'll be travelling alone. While I do enjoy the company of others, I've had some bad experiences with room mates and prefer to have my privacy. (And, yes, I know that you don't spend a lot of time in your cabin/stateroom)

For most of the cruises the single supplement is pretty high. So far I've found 2 ships that have single cabins, which I'm okay with. They are Quark's Ocean Diamond (window or porthole) and the NG Explorer (inside only)

Are there any others that I'm missing or even others that have a more reasonable single supplement?

Thanks in advance

Looking at doing an Antarctic cruise in 2017 or possibly 2016, unfortunately I'll be travelling alone. While I do enjoy the company of others, I've had some bad experiences with room mates and prefer to have my privacy. (And, yes, I know that you don't spend a lot of time in your cabin/stateroom)

For most of the cruises the single supplement is pretty high. So far I've found 2 ships that have single cabins, which I'm okay with. They are Quark's Ocean Diamond (window or porthole) and the NG Explorer (inside only)

Are there any others that I'm missing or even others that have a more reasonable single supplement?

Thanks in advance

Quarks newest ship Ocean Endeavour has solo cabins with no supplement. They are only inside cabins.

http://www.quarkexpeditions.com/en/our-ships/ocean-endeavour

On average most expedition companies charge 1.5, 1.75 or 2 times for solo supplement.

I do understand your need for privacy - I have shared 3 times - with 2 out of those 3 being unpleasant experiences but the trips would have cost me over $100k to have slept solo.

Thanks in advance

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but there are no "inside" cabins on the National Geographic Explorer. The single cabins on the main deck (category SA) have a large window or two portholes, and the ones on the upper deck (category SB) have a large window.

I hope you can find something suitable out there, it's a trip of a lifetime!

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but there are no "inside" cabins on the National Geographic Explorer. The single cabins on the main deck (category SA) have a large window or two portholes, and the ones on the upper deck (category SB) have a large window.

I hope you can find something suitable out there, it's a trip of a lifetime!

Thanks Turtles06 - looks like I was confusing it with another ship. I'm really liking the sound of the Linblad/NatGeo experience (partly due to your blog/photo journal - loved it - thanks!) so that's good news. I'm sure I'll find something, I have a lot of time to plan and drive myself crazy!

Thanks Turtles06 - looks like I was confusing it with another ship. I'm really liking the sound of the Linblad/NatGeo experience (partly due to your blog/photo journal - loved it - thanks!) so that's good news. I'm sure I'll find something, I have a lot of time to plan and drive myself crazy!

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I'm sure you will find something!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance

You might check Silversea. Their Single supplement varies depending on the voyage. Can be as low as 125%.