All-Inclusive Package-Shore Excursion Query

Cruisin'Jenny2

We will be on the Jewel in January 2015. We bought the all-inclusive package which gives us $200 each in shore excursion credit - but I've been clearly told by concierge that we can't use the credit to pre-book excursions, and that we will have to wait until on board to confirm anything.

There are ONLY 2 excursions (different stops) we have ANY interest in, and we have no 2nd choices in either destination. I would be happier "throwing away" the $400 credit than getting on a bus with 50 people to go see something just in order to spend our credit.

QUESTION... We will be in the Haven so will have access to a concierge upon boarding. Do they have any "pull" to get us on sold-out excursions once on board or should I pony-up the $$$ now to confirm what we really want in advance???

Thanks for any advice.

Jen

IF you are seriously wanting ONLY specific excursions, then you probably will need to purchase in advance IF they are excursions that "everybody" loves.

We always purchase ours ahead... the only times we've been disappointed were cancellations due to dangerous weather conditions (and those were credited back to our account)!

Safe Travels!