Dinner timing....

MaiTaiMary

The average MDR meal for me, with Your Time Dining, averages 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the usual factors (when I go, what I'm eating, how busy the room is, whether I get dessert or not, etc.).

I only caught the dancing waiter thing once. Not my thing. But if you go in before 6, you can probably dodge them.

So, if you're in ATD and your servers have to take a break to dance and sing, ect, can one expect that the food will be delayed because of it ?

well, if they are singing and dancing how do you think the food will get to you.

In traditional dining the waiters try to get your dessert to you before they gotta go do their thing.

In anytime dining-- it will depend on when you arrive.. if around 7:15 when you are seated then yes your food will come out a little after 7:30

its a 3 minute segment- not long at all

It is my goal to NOT deal with the dancing, but we seem to hit it everytime! It always delays courses and is just too long. So, when do you go that you manage to miss it?

Probably 7:15 or so as that should be just after the first one and you will most likely be done before the second one. You might also be able to go right when the dining room opens and get out before the first one happens.

The plus with anytime is just that anytime during the dining room hours. We managed to miss the dancers in three anytime cruises except for the last one. The singing and dancing was short and it was fun watching a little girl sitting near us have the time of her life -- based on her smiles and dancing. We never had to wait for a table and we were not rushed to eat.

portocaller -- I am like your sister, I love anytime! Anytime I want to stroll to dinner I can. :)

If you want an in and out experience be in line for atd at 5:45.

Our preference is a longer dining experience. We catch up on the day and enjoy time to talk without feeling rushed.

Longest we have waited for a table in the section that had our preferred wait staff was 30 minutes when we got there around 7. Spent the waiting time having pictures taken.

If you aren't asking for a particular wait team your waiting time will be shorter.

Probably 7:15 or so as that should be just after the first one and you will most likely be done before the second one. You might also be able to go right when the dining room opens and get out before the first one happens.

Thank you. I guess I haven't paid attention to the time in connection to the two seatings.