Transportation from Orlando to port Canaveral hotel.

Gaprofitt

Hi all.

Looking at a flight arriving the day before our cruise at 8 pm. Any transportation reccommendations to a hotel near port Canaveral? Also is a 12:40 outbound flight home too early?

Greg

It's really easy to rent a car and drive to your hotel unless you have already ruled that out. You can use the car in the morning to go to breakfast or to the store, drop off your luggage at the port, return the car and shuttle back to the port. The hotel shuttles don't usually start early enough for my liking, plus they are crowded. I'd rather pay for a taxi to the ship from the hotel.

I used Florida Towncar Service in the past and liked them. It costs more than a taxi but is more relaxing and less stressful. I was met in the baggage claim area. You can always use Carnival's transfer back to the airport after the cruise. That can be purchased on the ship at the shore excursion desk.

We did the rental car for our family. One way rentals are typically more expensive, but it is very affordable between MCO and Port Canaveral. With taxes and everything, it was about $50 each way. All of the rental car agencies have shuttles that will take you to port. The drive is really super easy -- it's a straight shot. Bring $1 for the tolls. It was a great option for our family. We were able to go to dinner and the store the night before and we actually took a later flight out on the return and used the car to explore a bit.

We did the rental car for our family. One way rentals are typically more expensive, but it is very affordable between MCO and Port Canaveral. With taxes and everything, it was about $50 each way. All of the rental car agencies have shuttles that will take you to port. The drive is really super easy -- it's a straight shot. Bring $1 for the tolls. It was a great option for our family. We were able to go to dinner and the store the night before and we actually took a later flight out on the return and used the car to explore a bit.

Last time we drove from MCO to the port, the tolls totaled around $5.