Ocean Princess Sale Seems Definite

DocRock143

HI all..please see link below. Parent company noted OP is for sale.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2014/09/24/49446/small-ship-ocean-princess-to-be-sold.html

Im booked on the Ocean Princess next June for a Scandinavia/Russia cruise. Should I keep it? Will the ship be kept in good repair? Will Princess cancel the reservation once it sells? Any advice?

Thanks,

Alan

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2014/09/24/49446/small-ship-ocean-princess-to-be-sold.html

Im booked on the Ocean Princess next June for a Scandinavia/Russia cruise. Should I keep it? Will the ship be kept in good repair? Will Princess cancel the reservation once it sells? Any advice?

Thanks,

Alan

For more news about this, check:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2105615

Thanks,

Alan

I have seen sold ships maintained well (Seabourn comes to mind) and then I have seen sold ships go downhill very rapidly. Most sale contracts have maintenance clauses in them. As far as cancelling your cruise, it can and does happen fairly often. For many reasons including sale of the vessel. Your compensation will vary depending on all that huge amount of tiny print on the passage contract.

This thread title is EXTREMELY misleading.

The only thing "definite" is the listing, NOT the sale.

The paranoia over all future cruises being cancelled as soon as the sale or transfer to another line is announced is also not justified.

HAL had perpetually listed one or more of its ships for sale for the better part of a DECADE before the parent corp decided to transfer two HAL ships to P&O Australia. The year and a half of future HAL sailings on those ships between the announcement and the transfer date next year were not affected at all.

So what possible reason can any of you give to think that when the exit of Ocean and/or Pacific Princess is announced in the future, that circumstances will be any different--and specifically disruptive to booked Princess cruisers?

Edited by fishywood

If Princess does sell the ship before your cruise you might get a very nice move over offer. As others have said it's not sold yet so I would not worry.

A move over offer is very doubtful. History has shown that when Princess charters a ship they simply cancel all the existing bookings, refund the deposits and sometimes offer a small credit, on the order of $50. I'd expect something very similar.

However, a move over offer nonetheless would be very nice!