Carnival Cruise Week Fare

hhalliv

I find the early saver to be very confusing. We booked onboard and the printed materials state the following:

"Early Saver:Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. If you find a lower cruise rate,based on the total cabin occupancy& not from the booked ancillary services,such as air,transfers,prepaid gratuities,or government taxes & fees contact your Travel Agent or http://www.Carnival.com. Price protection does not apply to Super Saver,Instant Saver fares,group rates,membership rates,select promotions,or travel agent promotions. Verified rate difference is issued as an onboard credit. No name changes are allowed. A $50 fee per guest will be assessed for ship/sail date changes made prior to final payment date. "

None of the printed materials state anything about not being allowed to upgrade or downgrade. What is troubling to me is that Carnival allows some people to upgrade or downgrade and others don't get that option. This is what is adding to the confusion.

Brian, that condition only pertains if you need to change cruises. For example, I had a cruise booked for Jan 2015. I needed to change it to Dec 2014. So, doing this, I incurred a $50/person "change" fee.

As long as you stay with the same cruise, this condition is not relevant.

Steve

SO, here is my question...can i book early saver then request the price drop for the National Cruise week price? I haven't booked yet and I always book early saver but right now in a few categories the sale is less than Early saver.

Edited by PSkinner

Not always true. If your category is sold out, then the price won't change if you use fare viewer. But check the higher cat's, sometimes those could drop below what you paid, and you can upgrade AND get OBC.:D

Thanks for this info...I think my pvp was trying to tell me this, but it was not sinking in:o Your explanation is better:) Thanks.

Still have not received any communication regarding my price protection. Not happy at all. I called again today, and they said since there was no more of my category available to compare prices to, they will have to contact me in A WEEK! The sale will be over by then I told them. I asked them sassily that once a category sells out, price protection is useless?? She had no real answer for me. Should I give it up as a lost cause, or fight the cruise man??

Hello cruise critics,

I'm booked in a spa suite on the Sunshine in March under the Early Saver. This National Cruise Week Fare came out and is the same price with $50 OBC. I called and tried to get this changed, and they said they could not do it because the category was already sold out. Has anyone else had this problem?? I told them to downgrade me to a lower category, and then just re-book me in the suite, and they told me that I would incur change fees if I did that. Not really happy with Carnival right now...all this over $50?? Any suggestions??

Early saver is not what it used to be.. We quit booking ES

Still have not received any communication regarding my price protection. Not happy at all. I called again today, and they said since there was no more of my category available to compare prices to, they will have to contact me in A WEEK! The sale will be over by then I told them. I asked them sassily that once a category sells out, price protection is useless?? She had no real answer for me. Should I give it up as a lost cause, or fight the cruise man??

Maybe my call was being monitored for quality assurance purposes, because I have received the first written contact from Carnival after I made a ruckus.

"Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines.

This is just a quick acknowledgement to let you know that we've received your email. You will receive a response to your inquiry within 48 – 72 hours.

Thank you for your patience; we value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Solutions"

Part of ES is that you have to be able to see a lower rate in your category. If your particular category 8S or whatever it is, is sold out, how did you see a lower price?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I check for price drops on my Early Saver booking generally several times a day. Got the "Awesome...." email this morning and started checking. The prices did vary a bit throughout the day and I saw different cabins available as apparently a lot of people were making quick changes today.

So, about 11:30 tonight I started looking again. The lowest prices on my sailing seemed to be the senior rates. I finally checked the NCVS prices and by golly with the differences in the add-ons, that price was cheaper! I quickly filed my price protection form and had it approved and the OBC ($60) showing in my booking info in about 10-15 minutes!!!

So, then I'm wondering what that $50 is sitting by itself as non-refundable OBC. I had been in such a hurry that I totally missed that with the sale you got an extra $50 OBC! Oh mercy, for all of just a few minutes time, we ended up with $110 back. With previous ES price drop, we now have a grand total of $250 in OBC for our Nov. 9th sailing! I love Early Saver! :)

Uh, yes. It's $50. And "all this" consisted of spending literally 30 seconds filling out an online form. Easy peasy. :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree! That was the easiest steakhouse payment I've ever gotten!

30 seconds to fill out the form and submit. Got approval email and OBC in booking within 10-15 minutes--fastest ever! :)

Hello cruise critics,

I'm booked in a spa suite on the Sunshine in March under the Early Saver. This National Cruise Week Fare came out and is the same price with $50 OBC. I called and tried to get this changed, and they said they could not do it because the category was already sold out. Has anyone else had this problem?? I told them to downgrade me to a lower category, and then just re-book me in the suite, and they told me that I would incur change fees if I did that. Not really happy with Carnival right now...all this over $50?? Any suggestions??

You said it yourself. All this over $50?

GO enjoy your cruise.

We just booked under this fare while on another ship. We had a specific room we wanted. The room was not sold, however, this particular sake was not available to every room. In fact, we were forced to buy our room under a past guest rate.

Carnival is getting sneaky. Now you can't purchase certain rooms under certain price structures. Was wondering when they would start being like airlines.

We are ES and we applied for the OBC using our form and not our PVP and it was approved within' 30 minutes. My question to the experts is they also adjusted our totals which made the cruise less but the gratuities and taxes/port fees have gone up since our original booking and because of this it says we now owe $11.74 on a cruise that has been paid for for quite some time. Is this normal for each time you get an OBC after final payment? Hope tis makes since. Thanks for any input.

I booked Early Saver and have received three price reductions and also received $50 onboard credit per stateroom with the current sale

I submitted my form on the 6th and haven't heard back. Guess I'll call in the morning since it's the last day for the sale.

I submitted my form on last Wednesday and got an approval e-mail within 10 minutes. Quick and easy, right? But not accurate. They gave me the OBC that goes with the National Cruise Week Sale, plus OBC for the price reduction, but they took away my stockholder's OBC. So I called Carnival, and an hour and a half later when I FINALLY got off the phone I had my stockholder's OBC back.

Edited by nwcruiselover

We are ES and we applied for the OBC using our form and not our PVP and it was approved within' 30 minutes. My question to the experts is they also adjusted our totals which made the cruise less but the gratuities and taxes/port fees have gone up since our original booking and because of this it says we now owe $11.74 on a cruise that has been paid for for quite some time. Is this normal for each time you get an OBC after final payment? Hope tis makes since. Thanks for any input.

When you apply for the ESA adjustment, you are essentially canceling your old booking and doing a new one. If the port taxes/fees went up and in your case the gratuities did, you now pay the new amount. Most people don't either know this or take the time to take it all into consideration. All most see is a reduction in the cruise cost. You need to do a mock booking to find out the total real cost to see if you are saving anything. The gratuity increase is not the norm though, but there is a different fee, so prepaying those or even if you did it onboard, after the change, you pay the new rate.

Thank you for the response but it just doesn't make sense to me. Just applied for the OBC not a price adjustment because when I did the mock booking I knew the grand total was more than our original booking. Oh well at least I know now. Not going to cry over $11.00

Thank you for the response but it just doesn't make sense to me. Just applied for the OBC not a price adjustment because when I did the mock booking I knew the grand total was more than our original booking. Oh well at least I know now. Not going to cry over $11.00

You can't apply for the OBC w/o a price adjustment. In order to get the free OBC, you have to be price matched to the promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app