Retractable roof question

theriac

On the ships with a retractable roof, if its pouring rain and they shut it, is there A/C that they turn on? I'm just curious because I feel like it would be extremely warm if they didn't have something to circulate the air.

no, and it can get warm when it is closed.

of course a.c. From surrounding areas / doors can flow in, but not dedicated ac. How warm it will get depends on the date and itinerary, etc. For instance, on a sailing out of new York in January, I wouldn't say it was ever particularly warm.

On the ships with a retractable roof, if its pouring rain and they shut it, is there A/C that they turn on? I'm just curious because I feel like it would be extremely warm if they didn't have something to circulate the air.

the pools are also NOT heated so that area will not be warm because of the waters.. It is so loud there when they close the roof-- Id rather it be warm then loud. and if you are sailing with the roof open its gonna be warm anyways

That was the Pride in February out of Baltimore.

Ihave been on ships that have the roof but never closed itbecause of rain.

I guess it will close if the weather is bad for a few days at a time

How warm it will get depends on the date and itinerary, etc.

I agree completely.

I've been on the Liberty three times. Twice, the retractable roof was closed due to rain.

In July, it was hot, humid, crowded and loud. But, it was still bearable.

Last month; it was cooler, not humid, not crowded and very quiet. I was surprised the crowd didn't appear because the Main pool was wet. But, it was fairly early in the morning on the first sea day - maybe people were sleeping in.

On the Legend, the pool was heated, and the room was warm. But we wanted it warm as it was cool outside but not raining. The fountains were also running, and was the only time I even saw them on, on any Spirit class ship.

Another Legend cruise, it was closed due to rain. Yeah, it was warm, as we were in San Juan, but we were swimming.

Which pool was heated was always different based on the ship we were on. Sometimes it was the grandstand pool, and sometimes the aft pool.

It does get hot and steamy when the roof is closed unless it is cold outside. The area is not climate controlled when the roof is closed. In my experience, they are quick to close it too, even if it only rains a drop or two.

On the Legend, the pool was heated, and the room was warm. But we wanted it warm as it was cool outside but not raining. The fountains were also running, and was the only time I even saw them on, on any Spirit class ship.

Another Legend cruise, it was closed due to rain. Yeah, it was warm, as we were in San Juan, but we were swimming.

Which pool was heated was always different based on the ship we were on. Sometimes it was the grandstand pool, and sometimes the aft pool.

I wasn't aware that any Carnival pool is heated. We haven't sailed on the Legend but of the six that we've been on, none of them were ever heated.

Edited by RWolver672

Just off the Conquest this morning and we had rain most days of the cruise. Was in the pool with the retractable roof twice when they "extended" it. It was noticeably more stuffy in there. Certainly no AC. Think they did it so the deck would not be wet. Didn't make me or DW want to get out though.

Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app