Mexican Chocolate

toddsmom

Where in Cozumel is the best place to buy Mexican Chocolate? That and spices is what my son wants me to bring back.... I know the Mega Store will have it, but anyone know anywhere else that would carry it?

you can try Chocolateria "Isla Bella", here are some TA reviews about their chocolates

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150809-d2536275-Reviews-Chocolateria_Isla_Bella-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#REVIEWS

Anyone ever done this tour? Maybe wouldn't mind doing it. For any who may have done it, how do you go about getting to Kaokao.

I have done the tour and enjoyed it for a change. There is a website if you google with times of tours. Spaces are limited as it is only a small place. They will take walk-ups but I would recommend reserving in advance or at least phoning before you go because it is some way back in town and not a lot else to do in the area, if there is no room. It is a mixture of some listening, some demonstration and some hands-on and sampling.

We did it while staying on the island. We took a taxi there and walked back. I would not recommend walking if on a cruise ship day due to distance, time and heat. It is just off the trans-island road if you were doing a private tour of the island and were going round to the east side.

I have done the tour and enjoyed it for a change. There is a website if you google with times of tours. Spaces are limited as it is only a small place. They will take walk-ups but I would recommend reserving in advance or at least phoning before you go because it is some way back in town and not a lot else to do in the area, if there is no room. It is a mixture of some listening, some demonstration and some hands-on and sampling.

We did it while staying on the island. We took a taxi there and walked back. I would not recommend walking if on a cruise ship day due to distance, time and heat. It is just off the trans-island road if you were doing a private tour of the island and were going round to the east side.

Any idea how much a taxi would cost, once we are in Cozumel, from the port? Or is there a way I can find out?

Any idea how much a taxi would cost, once we are in Cozumel, from the port? Or is there a way I can find out?

I would think $7-10 each way for up to 4 people depending on which pier you are at.

It is just beyond Casa Mission and I think you can find prices for that at http://www.cozumelinsider.com/TAXILANGOSTA

Edited by c-leg5