shore excursions

queen jean

Hi, sailing on the Breakaway Nov 2nd to the Bahamas. We have booked everything except for an excursion in Nassau. Has anyone sailed there and done any of the excursions they offer. We are 2 couples in our early 60's love the beach and don't mind walking. Some of the excursions didn't get a very good review so any help would be appreciated.

Have you researched Nassau? You probably don't even need an excursion, depending on what you want to do! So many things are easy (and cheap!) to do on your own, but you do need to know something about where you're visiting! Get a guidebook at your library!

There are several beachfront hotels in the area that offer day passes, accessible via bus or taxi.

If this interests you, go to the Bahamas ports of call board for more information.

I never book excursions through the cruiseline - it is so much less expensive and you get a significantly better experience if you use a private tour guide that comes highly recommended here and on TripAdvisor, or just go to a beach on your own. Research on the ports of call boards here on cruise critic.

Thank you for your replies. We are going to try the Hilton for day pass. My travel agent said that she could not book it. Did you book it on the ship? I didn't find any ph# for Hotel or I would have booked it myself. As you can see by my posts I don't have any cruising experience.

Thank you for your replies. We are going to try the Hilton for day pass. My travel agent said that she could not book it. Did you book it on the ship? I didn't find any ph# for Hotel or I would have booked it myself. As you can see by my posts I don't have any cruising experience.

I googled the property, clicked the "Contact us" link, and got this, which seems to have a phone number