Robes on RCCL

Anyone know why they stopped issuing robes to use onboard for Diamond members? I noticed it about a year ago. We asked our cabin steward for them because we thought he forgot them. He said they don't give them to Diamond members anymore but he got them for us anyway.

Since then I ask for them but feel like I'm begging.

It just seems that they keep taking away perks! We used to get a lot more freebies and discounts when we got the coupon books too.

No more free Johnny Rockets, etc

Robes are still listed as a Platinum and up perk. I dont know why he would tell you they no longer give them to Diamond members. My mother and I are just Gold. Last cruise, the cabin attendant was able to get her a robe upon request. Thats been almost 3 years ago though.

There use to be a free Johnny Rockets coupon?

Anyone know why they stopped issuing robes to use onboard for Diamond members? I noticed it about a year ago. We asked our cabin steward for them because we thought he forgot them. He said they don't give them to Diamond members anymore but he got them for us anyway.

Since then I ask for them but feel like I'm begging.

It just seems that they keep taking away perks! We used to get a lot more freebies and discounts when we got the coupon books too.

No more free Johnny Rockets, etc

Not sure why he would tell you that. We were just on Vision last month and the robes were in our stateroom when we arrived.

Anyone know why they stopped issuing robes to use onboard for Diamond members?

They didn't stop. I'm sorry you didn't get your robes - I have no answer for why your cabin attendant said that but rest assured, if they had stopped giving the robes there would be a lot more discussion on the board about it.

Got 2 robes in our JS on the Vision last week. Cabin steward asked us if we wanted them unsolicited, I frankly forget that it was even an available perk. I assume they were made available because of the room category since I'm just Gold.

Hmmmmm. He said only Diamond Plus and above or Suites.

But it was also not in my room the previous 2 cruises either on different ships. We had to ask.

Ryano- "upon request" they will do anything they can if available for extra tips.

I'm going to look it up and see if it's still listed as a perk. I haven't seen it anymore.

Yes, we used to get one free ticket to Johnny Rockets.

I just go for the Onion Rings. Refuse to pay $5.95 for them now.

I'm going to look into this! LOL

I love them on the balcony. They're so plush

Robes have been in our cabin on every cruise (~20) since becoming Platinum then Emerald and now Diamond. I have no idea why the attendant would have said that.:confused:

Sounds like their attendant was plain lazy. OP said they had not gotten them past 3 cruises! We have never not gotten them. I hope her unlucky streak comes to an end! :eek:

Robes are still a perk for Diamond Members, your cabin attendant was just lazy. I don't think I could cruise without my white RCL robe. I guess I would need to go the gift shop to buy a robe, so that I had something to wear around the ship. I'm not sure what I would do if my robe got soiled in the WJ.

I've also noticed that we have had to ask a couple of times last year. This year our attendant was on the ball. It's never been a big deal to me - but I could see how you would be disappointed if this was a new perk to you.

NOTE: Carnival still give robes to everyone, chocolates and towel animals every night without asking. Just sayin'

I can't recall the last time that we didn't have robes in our room when we first boarded or having to request them. I have found that some crew members are especially creative in coming up with reasons to explain away their own deficiencies. The steward's claim that RCI no longer gives robes to Diamond or below members is just such an example. A worse example was on NCl this summer when my son called housekeeping on the first night of his cruise to ask when the room steward would be delivering pillows for his kids' beds (which were not even made up when the steward had turned down his and his wife's bed) and was told that the room steward was probably "too tired" from delivering guests' luggage and that delivery of the pillows might not happen until the next day.

Thank you everyone for letting me know it IS still a perk!

I guess I've just had lazy stewards the last 3 cruises.

As you can see by my signature, I'm not a new cruiser and have even been diamond for awhile. I had robes back when I was platinum before they changed the tiers.

I think they're trying this trick to get an extra tip.

They made like they were doing me a big favor.

Now I know for my next cruise that it IS still a perk.

Aww Debbie, that was my thought too. :(

Thanks Karen!

It didn't work for them though. Since they should have been there to begin with, I felt no need to tip extra for something they forgot to leave in my cabin.

I didn't fall off the turnip truck.

you.

NOTE: Carnival still give robes to everyone, chocolates and towel animals every night without asking. Just sayin'

I was thinking this same thing...we are sailing RCCL in 25 days for the first time in 8 years, have been sailing carnival. Curious what other differences we will notice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app