October Star Pride Arabia cruise

Barrycat

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back. It was fabulous, maybe the trip of a lifetime. We loved the ship, the service, and the food. The Hilton Luxor is amazing, you will love it. We did the Cairo extension instead of getting back on the ship in Safaga for the rest of the cruise to Dubai. It was nice to have a free afternoon and an extra night in Luxor, and we loved Cairo too.

The Egyptian people were great. They love Americans. At least they kept telling us that they did. We ventured out on our own some and not only never felt unsafe, we felt welcome.

US dollars were accepted in both Jordan and Egypt. We had a private tour in Jordan and we paid our guide in dollars. Bring lots of one-dollar bills, you will need them every time you go to the restroom and a bunch of other times as well.

The ship will take care of your visas.

If you have any specific questions about the ports and the tours or anything else I will try to answer them for you. I hope to write a review about the ship too. I'd give it five stars.

• 2 months later...

Just heard from Windstar that the October Arabia sailing of the Star Pride has been canceled. Apparently the ship is being moved to the Panama Canal run. I was offered a shipboard credit if I rebooked on another cruise. Very disappointed. We were taking the cruise to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.:(