Summer 2016

Sorry FIFE1, must have missed this post! :o

As per my previous post, schedules are a bit of a mess now.

Summer 2016 to be the reveal of the new Thomson Cruises???

Keeping you on your toes Sailaway! :D Good luck with the investigations - you now we're all waiting with great interest for the info you manage to unearth! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Palma's schedule has now gone even more ridiculous!

Spirit, Celebration, Majesty and Island Escape booked in on the same day on many occasions, and Majesty booked every 3/4 days!

I think they're just putting any ship in now to reserve the space, and the schedule isn't updating the slots it is replacing.

Island Escape's sailing dates have now gone a bit odd.

Its sailings on Palma's schedule are still there, but another Thomson ship keeps being booked now along with it since the update.

Villefranche's schedule has now got rid of Island Escape and replaced it with 'Thomson TBC'. Possibly Spirit to replace its itineraries as it has been booked on the same dates as the original IE Mahon ones.

These schedules though are very confusing! :confused:

So who knows what is actually the case!!!

Edited by Sailaway487

Island Escape's sailing dates have now gone a bit odd.

Its sailings on Palma's schedule are still there, but another Thomson ship keeps being booked now along with it since the update.

Villefranche's schedule has now got rid of Island Escape and replaced it with 'Thomson TBC'. Possibly Spirit to replace its itineraries as it has been booked on the same dates as the original IE Mahon ones.

These schedules though are very confusing! :confused:

So who knows what is actually the case!!!

Well, the Thomson TA (not our local one, a CruiseDeals one) couldn't even get our final balance date correct!! They gave us a date 8 weeks before the cruise rather than 12 weeks. It was only when someone rang from Thomson HQ asking if we wanted to upgrade to a suite.....yes a suite...that I asked why it was 8 weeks to be told it should be 12. We could have lost our cruise for missing the 'final' payment date.

I think someone from Thomson TUI has been reading these forums and is trying to mislead us. :rolleyes: Or there are new ships coming and they haven't decided what to call them. :D

Well, the Thomson TA (not our local one, a CruiseDeals one) couldn't even get our final balance date correct!! They gave us a date 8 weeks before the cruise rather than 12 weeks. It was only when someone rang from Thomson HQ asking if we wanted to upgrade to a suite.....yes a suite...that I asked why it was 8 weeks to be told it should be 12. We could have lost our cruise for missing the 'final' payment date.

I think someone from Thomson TUI has been reading these forums and is trying to mislead us. :rolleyes: Or there are new ships coming and they haven't decided what to call them. :D

I thought it might be new ships, sorry newER , but they know about Sailaway and don't want to reveal their plans yet.;)

Maybe in the new brochure?:confused:

I thought it might be new ships, sorry newER , but they know about Sailaway and don't want to reveal their plans yet.;)

Maybe in the new brochure?:confused:

Maybe. I noticed that the 'Thomson TBC' for Villefranche says it has the capacity of 1,750 passengers - checked what they have for IE, Dream and Majesty and doesn't match either of them. Doesn't match Spirit or Celebration either so looks like a new ship to me.

Maybe. I noticed that the 'Thomson TBC' for Villefranche says it has the capacity of 1,750 passengers - checked what they have for IE, Dream and Majesty and doesn't match either of them. Doesn't match Spirit or Celebration either so looks like a new ship to me.

Zeinth and Horizon is take 1752 passengers.... do you have more info? length or Brt ?

Celebrity century is going to cdf this April, they own zenith and horizon, and are part of rcci. The ship is the right size and the 2 mein sheiff`s are the same class. Hmm??? We could be getting that or more likely one of the German ships?

Celebrity century is going to cdf this April, they own zenith and horizon, and are part of rcci. The ship is the right size and the 2 mein sheiff`s are the same class. Hmm??? We could be getting that or more likely one of the German ships?

Horizon used to sail for Island Cruises as Island Star so will be strange to see that back! But it would make sense going for one of these ships. These ships first, then onto new builds. If it is one of these, a RCL joint venture looks likely then.

ahh the thomson horizon/star!... like the sound of that:cool:

island star (horizon) was a good ship, nice pool area, we had a fabulous cruise in caribbean on her.... the brazilian crew were great

(btw? have Louis got any other ships that hold 1750?)

Guess it's Splendour of the Seas then? So another secondhand ship for Thomson. :(

Guess it's Splendour of the Seas then? So another secondhand ship for Thomson. :(

Seems that way Jakanne1:-

<<Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL) announced today that it has entered into an agreement to sell its cruise ship Splendour of the Seas to TUI Cruises in the second quarter of 2016. The ship will then be leased to Thomson Cruises, which will operate the vessel. >

So this is step 1 then of the transformation. According to TTG this is to replace Island Escape, with Island Cruises brand going by the looks of it.

Explains these odd schedules then. So there's step one for summer 2016. Newer ships, island cruises brand goes, then new builds to follow Id guess.