Scotland and Ireland review -- incl. DIY port trips

Kreuzfahrtneuling

This is a link to my insanely long picture review of our British Isles cruise. I know that Celebrity does routes like this as well ... and so although we didn't travel with Celebrity, I thought you might be interested in the port stuff.

Be my guest to read along!

Lol -- the actual ports don't start until page 15:D:rolleyes:...just in case you want to skip the ship stuff.

Oh, and I'm still writing it...so if you'd rather read the all finished review...better wait till christmas 2014...I think I may be finished by then:eek:.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094891

Stef

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank You so much for posting this review on the Celebrity board as I rarely venture out to other lines (well I do with RC). I am only on page 3 and loving everything, your pics, detailed review, style of writing, font, color, everything, lol:D

new port-day-report all finished ... lol - in record time:D.

Greenock, Scotland ... be my guest and enjoy.

Stef

Loved it -

you know you could have taken the Erskine Bridge and skipped the tunnel? (Although come on - the Clyde Tunnel is awesome!:D)

The bridge is off the M8 between the airport and Greenock and takes you right into Dumbarton road.

My husband hates the bridge - BUT it is five minutes from the airport -(from airport take M8 West instead of East) and would have saved you going through the Glasgow traffic.

As a child we were taken on a ferry across. It held I think six vehicles and went back and forth (Renfrew Ferry) over the Clyde.

For inner city kids - we were so lucky with parents who would take us off hiking and camping around Loch Lomond at weekends.

Still reading your review -

What did you think of MSc? We are used to Costa - thinking of trying msc sometime?

Edited by Blondie008

thanks guys -- glad you all like it!

Blondie: :)We loved MSC, but never tried Costa. I must admit, that I don't like some of Costa's intense use of colors on some of their ships I've checked out online....I already thought that the Magnifica had a bit too much glitz to handle. But I love to enter the ship and feel Italian flair (lol -- with all the ups and downs that includes:rolleyes:) ... I guess, that could be the same on Costa?

Stef

thanks guys -- glad you all like it!

Blondie: :)We loved MSC, but never tried Costa. I must admit, that I don't like some of Costa's intense use of colors on some of their ships I've checked out online....I already thought that the Magnifica had a bit too much glitz to handle. But I love to enter the ship and feel Italian flair (lol -- with all the ups and downs that includes:rolleyes:) ... I guess, that could be the same on Costa?

Stef

From what I am given to understand there are more similarities than differences.

I like the NeoRomantica from the NeoCollection - she is a beautiful smaller ship - very tasteful - and boutique style. I have also been on the Magica and the Serena - didnt care for the Magica but the Serena had a great crew and a fantastic club restaurant.

Some of the design though is indeed a bit sore on the eyes = perhaps the reason for all of those Italian designer sunglasses ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...