Miami hotel question

willpickup

Looking for safe, clean, and cheap. Willing to pay a little more for a taxi if it means a nice $80-100 hotel with free parking vs. the ones I've seen recommended on here @$250+ driving in so I need parking for 7 days. Departing on the Splendor 1/4/15. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looking for safe, clean, and cheap. Willing to pay a little more for a taxi if it means a nice $80-100 hotel with free parking vs. the ones I've seen recommended on here @$250+ driving in so I need parking for 7 days. Departing on the Splendor 1/4/15. Thanks in advance.

You do realize that January is high season and if you are departing on Sunday the 4th that is New Year's weekend, right? Your budget might work in low season (say August) but I don't think you'll find anything 'safe and clean' with free parking for that price in Miami. Maybe you can stay a couple of hours north of Miami (might have to be north of Palm Beach) the night before but then you'll still have to pay for parking at the Port.

That budget, on that date won't get you into a safe and clean hotel. Look at stay123.com or parksleepfly.com for some choices. Know that there are some really scary areas and hotels so read reviews on tripadvisor.com and listen to people here that know the area well. ;)

A moderate place would be LA Quinta east. I think they have a free shuttle to the port along with the parking. This one is mentioned often for those that have a lower budget.

I checked and this will run 169$. With the amenities, I'd grab it.

Edited by eandj

Try Priceline or Hotwire. With the money you may save you may be able to afford to pay for parking.

I just saw a banner ad on here for the Hampton Inn & Suites at Brickell. They offer a shuttle to the port. Free parking during your stay & 50% off on your cruise. It's not free but you may as well check it out.

No way you'll find anything anywhere in South Florida for that budget during peak season.

I suggest you up your budget to $150 and use priceline.

No way you'll find anything anywhere in South Florida for that budget during peak season.

I suggest you up your budget to $150 and use priceline.

I agree with upping your budget but do not use Priceline and expect to park your car there for the cruise. Check www.parksleepfly.com or www.stay123.com.

A budget option often suggested for Miami cruiser looking for parking deals is the La Quinta East near MIA - includes free shuttle to POM; cab back to your car will run $25+

FOR SURE, do not use a discount site to book a hotel and plan on leaving your car for free. If you want to save a few dollars on the room itself, then fine. Then research where a safe multiday parking option would be . Especially in peak winter months. But know that if you pay discount pricing for a hotel, even if one that offers parking packages, what you are paying for is NOT a parking package. And it is up to the hotel to decide what they will charge extra for the parking while you are not a guest.

I really would look at La Quinta East as your best value option.

Hampton Inn in Brickell as mentioned has "deals". But on that date it will run $$$ .

Edited by eandj

• 2 weeks later...

We have decided to just stay in Jacksonville and leave really early the morning of the cruise and park at the terminal, seems to be the smart move since staying in Jacksonville at our cousins place is free. Thanks for the replies!

We have decided to just stay in Jacksonville and leave really early the morning of the cruise and park at the terminal, seems to be the smart move since staying in Jacksonville at our cousins place is free. Thanks for the replies!

Wow! A 5+ hour drive the morning of your cruise. Good luck! :)

I'm not sure that is such a great idea. You are talking about a six hour drive in I95 which is never great at any time of day or night.

I'd pay the $150 and spend the night in a hotel somewhere four hours closer.

• 1 month later...