Postcards

redmaid

In October whilst on a TA we took to reception for posting 10 postcards. These were a mixture of postcards of the ship & some we had bought for which the postage was charged to our onboard account. To date none of these postcards has been received. Has any one else experienced similar?:confused:

I try to find a post office in a port (sometimes not as easy as I thought) and mail our postcards from there. I just figured that someone on the ship has to remember to take the postcards to a post office and they may not make the trip until the end of the cruise.

I belong to a postcard exchange and sometimes it can take a month or more for a postcard to get to the U.S. It depends on the country and how good the postal system is.

We always seem to arrive home before the post cards. Even our cats, Peggy Sue and Elwood are sent one. They are disapointed that we arrive first and have to review our trip instead of the post. O well, we will continue to send them to our friends and neighbors.

When we were children and would receive a postcard, my parents would use it as a teaching opportunity (remember, before the internet!) to learn all about the place the postcard came from - this is how we learned our geography! We still do the same with our children (and they anxiously look forward to receiving postcards - the more unusual, the better). Friends have now asked that we send their children postcards so that they too can use it as a teaching tool, although it is now much easier with the internet and not the World Book Encyclopedia!

gnomie :)