Just Returned

sooner ray

From Antigua to Antgua on the Silver Wind. This was our first SS cruise.

We loved the food and the service was very good most of the time.Twice at lunch,in The Restaurant, service was very slow and they were clearly understaffed.

The food was better than Radisson but not the noon buffets. Radisson was much more elaborate at noon.

Repeat cruisers said this was the worst SS cruise they had been on and told us they were understaffed becuase this was a 6 day cruise and then the ship went to Spain with only one hundred passengers so they made many take leave during our cruise.

We were appalled at embarcation--a long wait and a tent on the dock with no chairs or refreshments,not even water. Entertainment was okay,but not great. Still,the best part was that we met so many nice and fun people so we cruise in New England with SS in the fall on Silver Whisper.

One more rant. The cruise was to depart at 6 pm. They changed departure to 11pm and only posted to the website. This change wasn't communicated to travel agents. I could have worked an extra day and since I get paid by production,it cost me a day's production. I took it in stride as another day off,but some were clearly angered and complained to the reception desk.

Still, a great cruise line that needs to pay a little more attention to details.

• 3 weeks later...

Silver Wind is the poorest of the fleet-- not worth the time nor experience. We believe it's SS' training and economy-focused ship-- understaffed, poor service at times, inconsistent cuisine, inattentive staff to problems that can crop up.

and what do you base you post on? new crew get on and off ships with the completion of their contract. I am sure the wind is not a training ground for new crew. Based on the winds per diems for the Med this summer, she is far from their economy ship

Archived