? hotels near Springhill Suites in Dania Beach

betmust

We are cruising in February and need a hotel pre cruise.

Twice in the past we stayed at Springhill Suites and liked the area - shopping center, restaurants, etc. Last time I was not so happy with Springhill Suites and wondered if someone could give some recommendations for hotels in the same area. I know there is one right next store and can't remember the nam

thanks for any help

Hampton Inn and a Choice-group hotel (that I notice is rebranded practically every time I go to Oakwood Plaza) are across the street.

Best Western Plus and Cambria Suites are a short walk west just under I-95. The latter is very popular on this board though breakfast is not included in your rate.

what happened to make you unhappy with Springhill suites, we are staying there in a few weeks

I would like to know this too.

Kim

Would also be interested in knowing. We always stay there and never had any problems. Staying again in March. Your information would be helpful to many readers....thanks.

We stayed there in April of this year and had a great experience. Their shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. They had a very nice pool, and also provided us transportation to the cruise port , all without a fee. We wanted to go to Jaxson's ice cream Parlor and they even called a shuttle for us....$5.00 per person round trip. If you haven't been there, it is really a fun experience! I would stay there again!

We stayed there in April of this year and had a great experience. Their shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. They had a very nice pool, and also provided us transportation to the cruise port , all without a fee. We wanted to go to Jaxson's ice cream Parlor and they even called a shuttle for us....$5.00 per person round trip. If you haven't been there, it is really a fun experience! I would stay there again!

That has always been our experience too. We are staying there again in March and will try your recommendation for Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor....sounds like a fun time:)

Sorry I have not been back on to answer.

We have always stayed there but last year was different. I was quoted one price and when the charge was put on my credit card right after I checked in, it was significantly higher. I went to the desk and talked to them about it.

I had all my paper work with all my hotel research and info and pricing because all my confirmation # and other stuff was on it... The manager did eventually give me the price but made me feel like I was lying. It was all in the attitude.

When I tried to book the shuttle for a ride to the cruise I was told there was nothing available until after one o'clock. I called a cab to take us and stood outside waiting. The guy who was driving the shuttle questioned where I was going. After seeing us there for awhile, he asked why we were not going with him. When I told him we wanted to go before 1 - 2 O'clock, he told me he had openings and put me on the next ride. I just really didn't like that.

We also were on the top floor at the very end of the hall - even though I had requested to be closer to the elevator. Hubby has a handicap...

Our room seemed to be in a real need of freshing up...

Maybe its just me, my stay certainly was NOT as good as prior times.

I am staying at Hyatt Place this time..

• 1 month later...