Whisper 5/24

bdmarine

Is anyone going to be on the Whisper out of Villefrance on 5/24? Looking for some advice on local tours that don't require too much walking in Barcelona, Malta, Palma, Sorrento, Etna.

My wife and I will be on this cruise. We would like to know if there are any other CC members aboard. Perhaps we can share a small libation.

Both of us have trouble walking for extended periods, so we wanted to know if there were any good tours that don't require too much ambulation.

bdmarine, not that this will be much help, but in your cruise documents, I believe they will mention in the excursion descriptions the level of walking required. Silversea has more than a few passengers on every sailing with ambulatory challenges, so I suggest that you talk to the excursion people once onboard. I have been to Malta (on Radisson), and we just took a cab into the town, and it was flat walking all the way. In Sorrento, we arranged a private driver beforehand to take us to the Amalfi coast, which was delightful. Quite a climb down to the sea in Positano, but it was fun, not something you need to do, as the town is uphill. In Ravella he took us to a villa out on the end, not hard walking. The scenery was beautiful. I noticed that the ship's busses had to park outside of town in Positano and walk into the town. Our driver took us right in and dropped us off. If you do the Pompeii excursion, which I did on another cruise, be aware that it is a climb to get to the site. I noticed some of our fellow passengers with canes were having some difficulty, but they made it! In Sicily, we took the ship's shuttle to the place where you get a bus to the town of Taormina. After you are in town, it is level, and a short walk to the theater, a bit uphill, but not too hard, with beautiful sights of Mt. Etna in the distance. Have never done the Mt. Etna tour. Next time! Have a great cruise!

jhp,

I really appreciate your comments. We have already seen Pompeii in our younger days, so a nice drive on the Amalfi coast sounds like just the ticket. We'll see if we can find a private guide for the job.

Archived