Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

What if you make each column wider, doesn´t it help?

But anyway your ship will be docked at Oceankaj from 07:00 to 20:00.

Doesn't seem to work expanding it.

Thank you DV for that info - it helps calculating cost and booking the transfers.

Can you recommend a taxi company in Copenhagen where we can pre-book a van for 6 people and luggage (ship to hotel and then hotel to airport)? I don't think this size of taxi (minivan) would be readily available at either the ship or hotel and should be booked in advance.

Danish Viking, so much good info! I think you should become an official tour guide. :)

We will be in Copenhagen in May. We will have three generations in my family, age range 9 to 72. We are looking at staying at the Skandic Palace. It has good reviews on Tripadvisor. Any hometown opinions on it?

Due to some mobility issues in the group, I'd like to be close to the bus and metro station. Would this hotel be close to those?

Any ideas on what a 9 year old boy would like in Copenhagen? Tivoli is already on our to do list. We'll be there for 2 full days before our cruise.

Well I have actually guided people here from cruise critic on 2 occasions but let the profesionals about that. :D

I have only heard good things about Scandic Palace and the users of tripadvisor thinks the same.

http://www.tripadvisor.dk/Hotel_Review-g189541-d228445-Reviews-Scandic_Palace_Hotel-Copenhagen_Zealand.html#mtreview_review_250006158

The hotel is located close to the central station.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/K%C3%B8benhavn+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd,+K%C3%B8benhavn/Scandic+Palace+Hotel,+R%C3%A5dhuspladsen+57,+1550+K%C3%B8benhavn+V/@55.6747877,12.5646502,498m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530d3d99c439:0x6d962cc8f3ae9f79!2m2!1d12.56477!2d55.672717!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531203b50803:0xe6c6cf1c8448b51f!2m2!1d12.570117!2d55.676268!3e2

A few things a 9 year old would like.

The blue Planet, national aquarium.

http://shop.denblaaplanet.dk/en-gb

Copenhagen Zoo

http://uk.zoo.dk/VisitZoo.aspx

Experimentarium City, the original Experimentarium is currently closed because they are rebuilding it.

The current site is located at Papirøen in central Copenhagen.

https://www.experimentarium.dk/index.php?id=1001

When I was a kid I loved to visit Experimentarium, even as a teenager going with my little brother. :D

Its very easy to get to Sagnlandet in Lejre.

If its a normal day the train will depart 2 times each hour from the central station at XX:06 and XX:36, the direction is either Holbæk or Kalundborg.

After 34 minutes the train will be at Lejre station, from here bus 233 will get you out to Sagnlandet.

As the bus only departs during the summer season I couldn't find a schedule for that one but its supposed to be timed with the train to and from Copenhagen.

Thank you.

When I open that file in Excel, all the dates are crossed out so I cannot tell where our ship will dock (I see the Marina in 2 different ports on different occasions and I cannot tell which date is ours).

Can you look it up and see where the Marina will be on Aug 14th, 2015?

TIA[/quote

The info is there in Excel. your columns are not wide enough to display it. Go to the top of the column and dbl click the line separating the columns you cannot see. It will open them as wide as need be and you can see the date.

Hello Danish! :)

Quick question, i looked up First Hotel Mayfair, and read mix reviews on tripadvisor. Have you have any experience or heard anything about this hotel? The price and location is very reasonable.

Many thanks!

Helena

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi DV, great stuff. We are looking at staying off the beaten path and have found a location that fronts Norre Sogade and has views of town on one side and the Pebling So on the other. Very close to Orstedsparken. What do you think of this area?

Tim in Sunny Houston

Hello Danish! :)

Quick question, i looked up First Hotel Mayfair, and read mix reviews on tripadvisor. Have you have any experience or heard anything about this hotel? The price and location is very reasonable.

Many thanks!

Helena

The hotel has good reviews on tripadvisor but its located close to Copenhagens "red Light District" on Istedgade so there are strip clubs nearby.

But if that bothers you then just use Vesterbrogade as your access point.

I has just recently been upgraded to a 4 star hotel.

Read the reviews here.

http://www.tripadvisor.dk/Hotel_Review-g189541-d227259-Reviews-First_Hotel_Mayfair-Copenhagen_Zealand.html#MAPVIEW

The hotel has good reviews on tripadvisor but its located close to Copenhagens "red Light District" on Istedgade so there are strip clubs nearby.

But if that bothers you then just use Vesterbrogade as your access point.

I has just recently been upgraded to a 4 star hotel.

Read the reviews here.

http://www.tripadvisor.dk/Hotel_Review-g189541-d227259-Reviews-First_Hotel_Mayfair-Copenhagen_Zealand.html#MAPVIEW

Thank you Danish, we are aware about the strip clue across the street and wouldn't mind as we are only staying for one night. As long as the hotel is clean, we will be happy!! :)

Hi DV, great stuff. We are looking at staying off the beaten path and have found a location that fronts Norre Sogade and has views of town on one side and the Pebling So on the other. Very close to Orstedsparken. What do you think of this area?

Tim in Sunny Houston

Is that Hotel Kong Arthur?

Either way the location is not that bad, the Torvehallerne food market is located very close and is worth a visit.

http://torvehallernekbh.dk/english

Danish Viking - Another question.

The Copenhagen card - do you feel it is good value? Also, if I buy it online I can have it sent to my home so I have it for when I exit the ship. Then I could use Bus 26 to get to Central Station correct? My understanding is the Copenhagen card includes use of the buses. Are we allowed to bring luggage onboard a bus?

Thought this might be a way around the taxi to Central Station if we were going to buy the Copenhagen card anyway.

Thoughts?

It will take around 20-30 minutes depending on traffic and route.

The price will probably be around 350 kroner, again depending on route or if I is a weekday or weekend. Weekends are more expensive and Sundays even more than Saturdays.

Dear Danish viking, I am on the same cruise that this question was asked from (serenade of the sea) arriving Cph on May 9. The OP asked what the availability of cabs at Freeport will be, do we need to reserve a cab?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dear Danish viking, I am on the same cruise that this question was asked from (serenade of the sea) arriving Cph on May 9. The OP asked what the availability of cabs at Freeport will be, do we need to reserve a cab?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think its necessary but if you want to reserve contact Dantaxi or Amager-Øbro taxi but remember that the starting fee is higher if you have called a taxi.

I'm not at my computer right now so you will have to google their homepages by yourself.

Expect prices from to port to the airport to be in the 350-400 kroner range.

How long is the drive by taxi from the airport to Freeport Berth 245.

Can we make it in less than 1/2 hour on a Saturday?

Thank you.

I won't promise that it will be less than 30 minutes but it should only take 20 minutes according to google maps but traffic jams can happen.

Edited by Danish viking