Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Hello, we will be in Copenhagen for 3 nights before our Sept 14 2016 cruise. The first night we are booked in the airport Hilton as we arrive a bit late, but for the next 2 nights we would like to be closer to the action. I typically book apartments for our stays in Europe, as I like the environment better than that of a chain hotel.

I have been looking at Airbnb, but wondered if there is a local service/site that is more useful for Copenhagen.

Thanks

Our Copenhagen guidebook (Marco Polo) suggested http://www.all-copenhagen-apartments.com/. We've booked (but not yet stayed, so don't take this as an endorsement!) through there and it was all easy and we found the apartments looked nicer than Airbnb.

Our Copenhagen guidebook (Marco Polo) suggested http://www.all-copenhagen-apartments.com/. We've booked (but not yet stayed, so don't take this as an endorsement!) through there and it was all easy and we found the apartments looked nicer than Airbnb.

Thanks! You are right, they look better than Airbnb. Not a ton of selection for our dates, but as soon as I figure out the transit system I'm sure one will be suitable.

Danish Viking -

When you return from vacation, hope you can give us your thoughts on this idea: We will be in Copenhagen for several days before a b2b on NCL Star leaving on May 1st. When we return back to Copenhagen on May 17, we plan to stay in a hotel near the airport as we fly out early on May 18. Do you think we would have enough time to disembark, take public transport to the airport, rent a car and drive to Mon for the afternoon? We know it would be a quick trip, but Mon looks like a place we would love to see.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I think its doable, it should take around 1 hour and 45 minutes and on this time of year its gets dark well past 9pm so the return trip can be done in daylight aswell.

Ideally you have rented the car by the airport by noon and should be in Møn by 13:30-14:00´ìsh.

The visitors center closes at 17:00 but access to the cliffs is ofcourse not limited.

http://www.moensklint.dk/geocentermoensklintuk.aspx

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Copenhagen+Airport,+Kastrup/M%C3%B8ns+Klint,+Borre/@55.2972869,11.7318561,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x4653ab102787956b:0xfc95bcff205ab30b!2m2!1d12.6507628!2d55.6180236!1m5!1m1!1s0x46532e2d7a63f22f:0x27bcd18653f38429!2m2!1d12.5437017!2d54.984129

My wife and I are arriving in Copenhagen on July 1 for a cruise on July4.We have looked at eh free walking tour. We are also looking for a Jewish tour for Jewish sites. Will those tours overlap. also is Scandic Copenhagen near everything. How far is Carlsbad Brewery

The reiews on tripadvisor seems pretty good and the hotel has recently been totally renovated so that aspect of the hotel should be in order.

The location is on the edge of the downtown area but still central to most things, Tivoli and the city hall square is 5-10 minutes away on foot.

I don´t know anything about a jewish tour (religion is not high on my agenda :D )

The distance to Carlsberg is around 3 kilometers, bus 26 from the town hall square or central station towards Ålholm Plads will take you to Kammasvej bus stop that are 3 minutes away on foot.

Hi Danish Viking (or anyone else with an opinion),

We are looking to book a hotel for 3 nights in mid-July, Sunday through Wednesday. We are looking at the Axel Guldsmeden and the Best Western Hebron. Do you have any opinions about which is better between these two (setting aside the price)? Is there another hotel in this area of similar quality that you would recommend instead of one of these two?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Danish Viking (or anyone else with an opinion)' date='

We are looking to book a hotel for 3 nights in mid-July, Sunday through Wednesday. We are looking at the Axel Guldsmeden and the Best Western Hebron. Do you have any opinions about which is better between these two (setting aside the price)? Is there another hotel in this area of similar quality that you would recommend instead of one of these two?

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

Look at the reviews on TripAdvisor.

Alan

oboedot...try looking at geoiceland tours. they are getting rave reviews. we are also going to be in iceland (not at the same time as you) so am researching the same. yes, i know this is not the place to post, but i wanted to answer the question without snark. thanks for allowing it.

Oboedot,

You probably won't get a lot of answers here because the people who are looking at this forum are asking questions or giving answers about Copenhagen. Like me, they may not know anything about Rekjavik.

I suggest you start your own thread and title it just as you did for your question.

Hi Danish Viking

We will be in Copenhagen on the Celebrity Eclipse in June. We dock at 11am and leave at 10pm. I have read that the 26 bus finishes at 7pm - Is that correct? I have tried to find the timetable but cannot understand it as it is in Danish

Thanks

Alan

Hello all. We are on the May 29 Serenade of the Seas and will be spending one night May 28 pre-cruise. We're looking at the Quality Airport Hotel Dan. What will be the easiest way to get from there to the Oceankaj terminal on the 29th? I see there's a Metro station a few blocks from the hotel, but will that get us to Oceankaj?

Thanks very much! And, by the way, we are spending two extra nights in Copenhagen after the cruise, so we will have more time to see the lovely city. For those two nights, we will be at City Hotel Nebo.

Hello all. We are on the May 29 Serenade of the Seas and will be spending one night May 28 pre-cruise. We're looking at the Quality Airport Hotel Dan. What will be the easiest way to get from there to the Oceankaj terminal on the 29th? I see there's a Metro station a few blocks from the hotel, but will that get us to Oceankaj?

Thanks very much! And, by the way, we are spending two extra nights in Copenhagen after the cruise, so we will have more time to see the lovely city. For those two nights, we will be at City Hotel Nebo.

If the bus schedule is the same as last year its simply just taking the metro to Nørreport and take bus 25 from Nørreport to Oceankaj.

Last year it didn´t have a fixed timetable but ran every 20-30th minute.

Thank you, Danish Viking, for answering everybody's questions. If you should ever come to Texas, please hit me up if I can help you in return. :D

We ended up at the Scandic Sydhavnen, so I will investigate transportation from there. I also have Rick Steves' Northern European Cruise Ports book, so I will study it carefully too.

Dear Danish Viking;

We are a family of 3 and our ship (Serenade of the Seas) will be in Copenhagen for 2 days (Friday Aug 5th- Sat Aug 6th), then we plan to stay one night (Saturday) at The Square hotel ( near Tivoli) before catching a 9:55 AM flight back home.

Here are the things we want to see and our initial plan for each day.

Could you please have a look at let me know if it make sense in term of traveling and time management?

Friday:

1/ Rosenborg castle

2/ Lunch at Torvehallerne

3/ Nyhavn (maybe a Netto canal cruise)

Saturday:

1/ Debark from ship (around 9:00-9:30)

Taxi to hotel ( since we have some luggage)

Check-in hote, leave luggage

2/ Stroget

Walking tour

3/ Tivoli Gardens in the afternoon and have dinner there

Sunday morning:

1/ Check out of hotel around 7:00 AM

2/ Taxi from hotel to airport

Do you think it is a reasonable plan?

I have some questions about how to get from one place to another that I hope you can help me with.

Friday:

1/ Going from Oceanjak to Rosenborg, what is the best way? Taxi , bus or another way?

If bus, is it bus 26? Or 25? What direction? How long does it take?

Should we get a travel card or just pay per trip?

Shold we also buy the Rosenborg tickets in advance online? For what time? How long should we plan for a visit of the castle and gardens?

2/ How to go from Rosenborg to Torvehallerne?

Bus? Walk?

3/ How to go from Torvehallerne to Nyhavn?

Same question: bus?

Saturday:

1/ How much will be taxi fro 3 from Oceankaj to The Square (Radhuspladsen 14)?

Is there a reliable taxi company ou would recommend?

Sunday:

1/ How much is a txi from The square to the airport?

2/ How long is the ride usually (Sunday morning)?

Sorry to ask some very detailed questions but I like to plan in advance.

Thanks

I think your itinerary is just fine. You should be able to do the activities you have planned for each day--it's not too much.

Here's some info on transportation/sightseeing that I hope will be helpful. (We were in Copenhagen on a cruise last July and took public transportation everywhere. It was easy to do.)

Friday:

1. To get from Oceankaj to Rosenborg Castle, take the 27 Bus or the special cruise day bus (Bus 25) to the Norreport Station. The trip takes about 25 minutes and costs 24 DKK. From the Norreport Station, walk about 7 - 8 minutes to Rosenborg Castle. (I did this very trip and it was super-easy.)

2. I went to Rosenborg Castle on a Saturday in mid-July. The line was not long to buy tickets. So, unless you save a lot of money by getting tickets online, I don't see the need to do so. I'd allow about 2 hours to visit the castle and gardens.

3. Torvehallerne is about a 10 minute walk from Rosenborg Castle--I'd just walk.

4. You could walk the short distance from Torvehallerne to Norreport and take the Metro to Kongens Nytorv (which is a short walk from Nyhavn). This trip will take a minute or two and cost 24 DKK. But, the walk is only 20 minutes. I really enjoyed walking around Copenhagen, so that's what I'd do.

Saturday and Sunday

I will say that it is possible to get from Oceankaj to Radhuspladsen via buses and it is possible to get from there to the airport via train. We rode the buses and trains with our luggage (one carryon bag each) and it wasn't a problem. If you are interested in this option rather than taking a taxi, you can see exactly how to do it on the Copenhagen Rejseplanen website: http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en

Dear Grat UT;

Thank you so much, these are the answers I was looking for.

Unfortunately, we don't travel light ( women and their shoes...), We will probably have to take the taxi from Oceankaj to the hotel on Radhuspladsen and from the hotel to the airport. How muh should I expect to pay for these trips?

I saw somewhere that there is a bus 5A which goes right in front of the hotel to the airport, do you know anything about the 5A time table and which direction we should head to if we want to get to the airport on Sunday?

Do you suggest that we get a City Pass for Friday? Saturday will be spent mostly on Stroget and Tivoli so we will be walking and visiting sites near the central Copenhagen.

How much is the City Pass for adult? And 17 y. student?

Can we get the City Pass right at the port?

I saw recommendation for reliable taxi companies in Stockholm (Taxi Stockholm, Taxi Kurir) so is there a taxi comapny I should use in Copenhagen? Is is also a unregulated fare situation in Copenhagen or I should not worry?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I find the best way to enjoy a trip is to plan for all options before hand.

Thank you to you all who are doing a great job helping people like me :-)