Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

1) I have nothing to add to this trip.

2) Tivoli is open until 23:00 so you will only get 1-2 hours in Tivoli.

If you take the train from Helsingør then its very simple.

The train takes 45 minutes and departs roughly every 10th minute. (03, 16, 23 etc)

The price is 108 kroner.

The ferry costs 30 kroner (36 Swedish kroner)

But if you buy a through ticket from Helsingborg to Copenhagen it will only cost 112 swedish kroner (90-95 danish kroner)

Just make sure you buy it at the train station next to the ferry terminal.

3) Yes there is free internet, just log on CPH Hotspot.

Thank you so much for your help. Could I also buy the 24 hour all zone pass in the afternoon for 130DKK to use on the train from Helsingor-Copenhagen and then use it the next morning of disembarkation to get to the airport?

I noticed you said in a previous post that there was a taxi rank at Norreport- so would it save anything to take taxi from there back to the ship at Oceankaj rather than getting taxi from Tivoli to Oceankaj?

Is 30 kr the price each way on the ferry?

Could you explain what is a "through" ticket? Is the train station you are referring to on the Denmark or Swedish side?

Thanks again for your help. You sure have given so much help to us!!:)

Edited by floridafolks

The price is for a one way ticket. The English version of the website lacks quite a bit info regarding prices.

http://www.scandlines.se/tider-och-priser/biljettyper-och-priser/helsingborg-helsingor.aspx

While you are in the area (and if you can fit it into your schedule) I would also like to recommend Sofiero palace (its not a castle) gardens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sofiero_Castle

http://www.sofiero.se/toppmeny/welcome-to-sofiero/

I am trying to arrange a taxi from the port to the airport but they all seem quick expensive 250 euros, especially when it says you can get one to the port for £30. Most of the information say it is hard to get a taxi at the port so I was going to arrange a taxi, does anyone have an names/companies?

Thanks

I am trying to arrange a taxi from the port to the airport but they all seem quick expensive 250 euros, especially when it says you can get one to the port for £30. Most of the information say it is hard to get a taxi at the port so I was going to arrange a taxi, does anyone have an names/companies?

Thanks

Are you confusing euros with Danish krone? 30 GBP = about 295 DKK.

Anyway, your fare will depend on the port you are leaving, Langelinie or Oceankaj. However, I don't think you can get to the airport from either Langelinie or Oceankaj for 30 GBP. A taxi from Langelinie would be in the area of 350 DKK (35 GBP) and one from Oceankaj would be close to 400 DKK (40 GBP).

Thank you so much for your help. Could I also buy the 24 hour all zone pass in the afternoon for 130DKK to use on the train from Helsingor-Copenhagen and then use it the next morning of disembarkation to get to the airport?

I noticed you said in a previous post that there was a taxi rank at Norreport- so would it save anything to take taxi from there back to the ship at Oceankaj rather than getting taxi from Tivoli to Oceankaj?

Could you explain what is a "through" ticket? Is the train station you are referring to on the Denmark or Swedish side?

Thanks again for your help. You sure have given so much help to us!!:)

1) Yes the ticket is valid for 24 hours so its possible.

A single ticket to the airport from the cruise terminal costs 36 kroner so its up to you what ticket you purchase.

2) You will only safe a few bucks by getting to Nørreport so its not worthwhile.

3) A Through ticket was just me trying to use google translate :D

Meaning its a ticket that is both valid on the ferry and on the train, You will buy this one at the train station in Helsingborg.

In Helsingborg the train station is connected to the ferry terminal.

Thanks for doing all the replies. I'm glad I have a few months to read through the thread before arriving in Denmark.

It appears that the easiest method for the four of us to get from the airport to the Hotel Bethel and then from the hotel to where the Regal Princess will be in Ocean Cay is to take the Metro from the airport and a taxi to the pier.

Is it easy/feasible to take the train from the cruise port to the airport? We're picking up a rental car from the airport after our cruise. Our cruise arrives on Sunday.

Thanks!

Its very easy.

Just take bus 25 to Østerport and get the airport train from there or continue to Nørreport and take either the airport train or Metro line M2 to the airport.

If you find yourself in bus 27 just get the airport train from Østerport.

Thanks guys for the info, I'm not sure if I want to take public transport with two suitcases. The companies I have lot at are quoting me in euros, not krone. A lot of info says it's really difficult to get a taxi at the port has anyone found this the case?

THere should be plenty of taxies but it depent on how many ships there are at Oceankaj and how big they are.

The local taxi companies are Taxi Nord, Dantaxi and Amager-Øbro Taxa but I think I remember something about the taxies not accepting prebooked trips from the cruise terminal.

As in first come first served.

I don´t think it thats hard to get a taxi anymore but there was some traffic issues in the first few months of operation back in 2014 but extra busses and adjusting of the traffic lights has solved that issue.

Its very easy.

Just take bus 25 to Østerport and get the airport train from there or continue to Nørreport and take either the airport train or Metro line M2 to the airport.

If you find yourself in bus 27 just get the airport train from Østerport.

Thanks so much!

Can't wait to get there and see my cousins!

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to bring this thread to the front since an older version apparently got resurrected.;)

But I am starting to consider some transportation questions. We will have approximately 2 days pre-cruise, we are staying at The Square. Going from airport to hotel, hotel to ship, ship to airport after cruise - my main concern is that we will have 5 people with luggage. Everyone can handle their own luggage, but I think it might not be that easy to get a taxi that can hold all of us plus luggage, and that it might be difficult for all of us to be getting on a bus together.

Are there any suggestions, recommendations for transportation for us?

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

I am also looking for information on getting a taxi or pre book a car service from cruise terminal C330 Nordhavn. We are going to the Best Western Hotel City. We will have too much luggage to manage ourselves. I would rather pre book so I can use my credit card. We have an overnight so I can leave when ever I want the next morning before 9:00 am. Any advise is appreciated.

Virginia

Since I get many questions about prebooked taxi's from Oceankaj I will do some fact checking once and for all. :D

Don't take my word on it but I seem to recall from last year that it wasn't possible to prebook a taxi from Oceankaj.

So I will ask around and get a proper answer to this questions.

The only car service I know is Copenhagen Limousine Service but they are probably very very very very expensive.

Hi Danish Viking

I am arriving 2 days before my cruise. I have so many questions:

Arriving at 7:00 evening. Is it better if I ( we are party of two)purchase a 48 hour copenhagen pass, take the train to my Hotel - Cabinn Scandinavia or take the taxi to my hotel.

My purpose for the pass is because I want to see the Frederiksborg and Hamlet castle. I read somewhere that it is easy to take the train on these castles. If so, the pass includes entrance to these castles and all public transport. Where can I get the train maps where it shows all the stops.

If I take the taxi from airport to hotel, is it better to take the castle tours instead and forfeit the Copenhagen pass?

Thanks

You will probably have to zoom in alot :D

Look for Hillerød for Frederiksborg Palace and Helsingør for Kronborg castle.

http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/media/1041/detstoretrafikkort.pdf

I would go for the Copenhagen Card because the Cabin Scandinavia is located just behind the central station.

Danish Viking –

We have been informed that the ships do not always dock at the predesignated Quay. Is there any way to verify the actual Quay before arrival? We will be arriving twice. First on the Transatlantic cruise (May 15) and then on a Norwegian Fjords cruise (May 22). Our ship is scheduled to dock at Oceankaj both days.

At present, our main concern is 22 May, the day of the Marathon. Since we both use mobility scooters, taking the bus to the train station is not an option. Also, considering that our hostel is in the midst of the marathon route, we have decided to first go to Nivå. Which means that we will first catch a commuter train at Nordhavn going south to Osterport and then take the train north to Nivå.

If there is any way we could verify exactly where we will dock, it would make things a bit easier.

Thanks,

Betty

I am starting to figure out transportation for the 5 of us, and I could swear I remember reading something about departures from CPH - is there a limit on how EARLY you can be for a flight? As in you can be no more than 3 hrs early?

I have done a search and can't find the information anywhere, so I don't know where I might have read that (or if I really did read it :rolleyes:)

Heads up on the taxi questions.

I asked the 2 large companies Dantaxi and 27272727 (Amager-Øbro taxi), On my question both said Yes and no. :D

Their reasoning is that people can call for a taxi but their experience is that people will take the first available taxi anyway so they will not end up with the one they booked anyway.

Danish Viking

I think maybe you missed my question a couple days ago.

In addition to my personal concern, others are concerned about getting to the ship. If it docks at a different Quay, how can they determine where they should go to board the ship? I think most taxi companies know where the ship actually docked, but that is just guess work.

Or has the Port Authority gone back to following their original Quay assignments?

Betty

Edited by raindropsalways

Sorry I missed that one.

This early only the pier is listed and only a week or a few days before the actually quay numbers are listed.

To my knowledge the ships very rarely change pier, at least its nothing I have never heard about.

But since Oceankaj is located outside of the breakwater I'm guessing a storm can prevent the use of these terminal but in the cruise season we don't get huge storms and Øresund is a narrow Strait so there isn't much waves either.

Edited by Danish viking