Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Well most shops will be closed and trains and busses runs after the Sunday schedule so no bus 26 to Oceankaj except for the cruise shuttles from Østerport.

Tell me what you want to see and I can see if they are closed, I don´t think that any tourist sites will be closed as us danes also use the day to go sightseeing.

Will the hoho-bus be available?

We will just take it easy, walk around, do the basic sightseeing.

If it rains we will probably want to visit a museum, if not we prefer to stay outside.

Wanted to book Noma for lunch but they are already fully booked :(

May see if we can get a reservation at Geranium if open, but don't know untill 14th of Feb.

A shame about Noma, but I can see that Geranium only allows bookings until the start of May.

Hello DV,

We will be staying a night in May and I understand meals could be pricey in Copenhagen. Is there a restaurant you would recommend? A place that locals would visit?

Thanks,

Helena

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Then I´m not suggesting Noma or Geranium :D

Jensens Bøfhus is somewhat cheap by danish standarts and is very popular with families and such.

Their Gråbrødretorv location is the most cosy one.

Else we have the middle east/italian style buffet restaurants where you can get all you can eat for around 100 kroner.

Ankara comes to mind and the is a morrocan style buffet restaurant close to the Jensen´s I was talking about.

But i don´t know if you have higher expectations of your meal.

Hi DV,

I'm planning on flying into CPH on Oct 19, arriving early afternoon. I am currently booked at Awake B(can't remember the spelling) but the other Awake has a different first letter! Is this a safe and convenient location for a solo lady traveler, using normal common sense? I plan to spend 3 nights, then take the train that takes the ferry to Hamburg, where my cruise leaves from. I saw where you posted a time of leaving Copenhagen at 7:30am(or close to that) and arriving in Hamburg around 1230pm. Does this running every day and can you tell me the cost? Can I/ should I book ahead? If so, can I find it online? Is Tivoli open in October? Any place else listed as must sees that might not be open during the week in October? Thanks so much for your help!

We are on the NCL Star in June. I was told there is a free shuttle in Copenhagen. Do you have any idea where it drops you off? We have been to Copenhagen before but our friends traveling with us have not, and I thought it would be nice to show them some of the city. Depends on how tired we are!!

Thanks!

Hi DV,

I'm planning on flying into CPH on Oct 19, arriving early afternoon. I am currently booked at Awake B(can't remember the spelling) but the other Awake has a different first letter! Is this a safe and convenient location for a solo lady traveler, using normal common sense? I plan to spend 3 nights, then take the train that takes the ferry to Hamburg, where my cruise leaves from. I saw where you posted a time of leaving Copenhagen at 7:30am(or close to that) and arriving in Hamburg around 1230pm. Does this running every day and can you tell me the cost? Can I/ should I book ahead? If so, can I find it online? Is Tivoli open in October? Any place else listed as must sees that might not be open during the week in October? Thanks so much for your help!

Is it the Wake Up hotels?

If yes then you should take the one at Borgergade as it located near Kongens Nytorv, Strøget and Nyhavn.

The other at Carsten Niebuhrs gade is located at the Tivoli congress center with only bus 30 taking you to and from the downtown area.

I can´t look for prices so far out but the normal prices are 84,40 Euro and on the Thursday I am looking at you can get a single ticket for only 49 Euro.

http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml

But ask when we come closer to the date, (its bookable 3 months before)

Departure will be 07:30 from Nørreport so you should get the metro no later than 07:20 from Kongens Nytorv.

Just take any metro train towards Vanløse (so both M1 and M2) and the trip takes 2 minutes or so.

The train will be at Hamburg HBF at 12:16.

At Nørreport you just walk through the transfer tunnel and pass the S-train platform, next you will find the long distance platform.

The you will find the first 4 wagons for Berlin/Hamburg at the front of the train.

Tivoli has their Halloween theme while you are in town and everything else should be open, but notice that most museums are closed on mondays so plan Tivoli, Canal Tour, Zoo etc on that day.

We are on the NCL Star in June. I was told there is a free shuttle in Copenhagen. Do you have any idea where it drops you off? We have been to Copenhagen before but our friends traveling with us have not, and I thought it would be nice to show them some of the city. Depends on how tired we are!!

Thanks!

I don´t know about a free shuttle but the local transport authority has a cruise shuttle between Østerport station, Sløjfen and Oceankaj but it costs 24 kroner.

Hi Danish

We are thinking of buying the Copenhagen Card which entitles us to a canal tour, the harbour bus, all transportation and admissions to a number of attractions.

So our plan for our day of arrival and needing to be at the airport by 6:00 p.m. is as follows.

We want to visit the Christiansborg Palace, ruins, stable and tower, visit the Church of Our Saviour, visit Tivoli Garden and ride the canal boat ride for one full circuit. Is this too much for a day that starts early?

Also, can you help me with planning how to navigate the transportation for those items listed above? Which is the best way around?, bus, metro? Should we make time to ride the harbour bus?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Danish viking,

Our family group of 13 will take the Baltic cruise in the summer. We'll stay at Cabinn City overnight pre cruise. Is there any family style eatery close by the hotel area that you'd recommend ? Thanks!!

Just started reading this thread and wanted to say that the information shared is very helpful.

One of my questions is where can I find an ATM ? at the airport ? headed to Copenhagen Towers and then to the Marriott so I will need money or can I use a credit card for transportation?

We will be on the Eurodam ending our cruise on May 20, 2015. What would be the best and least expensive way to get from the ship to our hotel which is the Bella Sky near the airport. We have two large suitcases and a carry on to deal with. What would be the cost and if we need a taxi do the accept credit cards? Also what is the tipping policy for a taxi? Any information would be of great help.

4 of us from US will be in Copenhagen for 2 nights in May Thursday and Friday

Need help with logistics and price

Want a hotel hopefully with a shuttle for 2 nights. Want to keep price less than $150 total per night.

We have a blind person in our group so we want to be able to navigate easily.

Hoping the hotel would have way access to train and than not too far from pier

Any help would be appreciated

We are sailing on serenade

I have read all these posts but stay confused.

Thanks in advance

Hi Danish

We are thinking of buying the Copenhagen Card which entitles us to a canal tour, the harbour bus, all transportation and admissions to a number of attractions.

So our plan for our day of arrival and needing to be at the airport by 6:00 p.m. is as follows.

We want to visit the Christiansborg Palace, ruins, stable and tower, visit the Church of Our Saviour, visit Tivoli Garden and ride the canal boat ride for one full circuit. Is this too much for a day that starts early?

Also, can you help me with planning how to navigate the transportation for those items listed above? Which is the best way around?, bus, metro? Should we make time to ride the harbour bus?

Any help is appreciated.

What about luggage, do you need to carry that around?

What day are you in port

What terminal will you arrive at.

Many question I know but I want to make the best reply as possible.

Hi Danish viking,

Our family group of 13 will take the Baltic cruise in the summer. We'll stay at Cabinn City overnight pre cruise. Is there any family style eatery close by the hotel area that you'd recommend ? Thanks!!

You will find a bunch of them in Tivoli or else head to Jensens Bøfhus at Axeltorv, thats opposide Tivoli´s main entrance.

Another question for Danish Viking. We have booked The Bethel. We wanted a location where we can walk to most attractions. Is Tivoli within walking distance! Again thank you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Around 25 minutes on foot so I would say yes. :D

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hotel+Bethel,+Nyhavn+22,+1051+K%C3%B8benhavn+K/A+Hereford+Beefstouw+-+Tivoli,+Vesterbrogade,+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6770622,12.5690925,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533d2fb4cf43:0xbb1dd357d932167!2m2!1d12.590996!2d55.679431!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530da4f8a72f:0x83b1755d9a7a8a22!2m2!1d12.565667!2d55.674637!3e2

Hello Danish Viking,

Our cruise will be overnighting in Copenhagen on May 29. We want to spend the evening at Tivoli Garden and we are wondering if we will be able to take the bus back to port around 11pm. We will be docked at Oceankaj.

No sorry it has to be a taxi but you can save some money if you take the train to Østerport or Nordhavn station and take a taxi from there.

We will have 2 pieces of luggage each

We fly from US and arrive at 9am on Thursday and don't sail till Sat on the Serenade. Not sure what pier.

I imagine we'll take a tour but if the hotel was close to things and affordable that would be good.

Is it also possible that the hotel is between the airport and the pier

I know the crown plaza has a free shuttle but it doesn't appear close to anything but I think it's close to the train

Just started reading this thread and wanted to say that the information shared is very helpful.

One of my questions is where can I find an ATM ? at the airport ? headed to Copenhagen Towers and then to the Marriott so I will need money or can I use a credit card for transportation?

The taxi companys take most credit cards but you can ask before leaving or else there will be alot of atm´s at the airport.

There is a Danske bank between terminal 2 and 3 next to all the car rentals.

We will be on the Eurodam ending our cruise on May 20, 2015. What would be the best and least expensive way to get from the ship to our hotel which is the Bella Sky near the airport. We have two large suitcases and a carry on to deal with. What would be the cost and if we need a taxi do the accept credit cards? Also what is the tipping policy for a taxi? Any information would be of great help.

A taxi will cost you around 300-350 kroner and takes around 20-25 minutes but there is no tipping and they do take credit cards.

Public transport is also very easy.

From Unicef Unicef Færgehavn Nord you take bus 26 deparding at 14 and 54 past the hour.

As Norwegian Star is also docked at Oceankaj I don´t know yet if your ship is docked at terminal 1, 2 or 3.

The bus stop is located just outside terminal 1, use street view to see what I mean

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Unicef+F%C3%A6rgehavn+Nord/@55.7143271,12.6194961,17z/data=!4m7!1m4!3m3!1s0x465252b848542021:0x5125d6ae3b01baee!2sOceankaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn!3b1!3m1!1s0x465252b9af094e71:0xe18e422bba7ed610

You get off the bus at Kongens Nytorv where you take the metro line M1 towards Vestamager.

Get off at Bella Center station and if you can´t see your hotel from there well.......... :D

A single 2 zone ticket costs 24 kroner.