Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

4 of us from US will be in Copenhagen for 2 nights in May Thursday and Friday

Need help with logistics and price

Want a hotel hopefully with a shuttle for 2 nights. Want to keep price less than $150 total per night.

We have a blind person in our group so we want to be able to navigate easily.

Hoping the hotel would have way access to train and than not too far from pier

Any help would be appreciated

We are sailing on serenade

I have read all these posts but stay confused.

Thanks in advance

AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen has a room for 2 nights on these dates for 321 USD.

They also has an airport shuttle

Next to the hotel you will find Bella Center metro station talwill take you into town in a few minutes.

You won´t actually find any hotels near the pier and as far as I know only Crowne Plaza, Bella Sky and Marriott has an airport shuttle.

Its the same bus that goes between all the hotels.

We want to take a taxi from the airport to the Hotel Bethel and then from the Hotel Bethel to the pier but we do not have a pin....our credit card company said we should say all we need is our signature. Is that going to create a problem? If so, how much should we take from the ATM at the airport to pay for the taxis to the hotel and then to the pier? At restaurants, we can use our credit card.

Thanks Lars for all your help. Iris

We will have 2 pieces of luggage each

We fly from US and arrive at 9am on Thursday and don't sail till Sat on the Serenade. Not sure what pier.

I imagine we'll take a tour but if the hotel was close to things and affordable that would be good.

Is it also possible that the hotel is between the airport and the pier

I know the crown plaza has a free shuttle but it doesn't appear close to anything but I think it's close to the train

I made a reply for you :D

Crowne Plaza is to expensive for your budget but look at Bella Sk, but look at my reply.

We want to take a taxi from the airport to the Hotel Bethel and then from the Hotel Bethel to the pier but we do not have a pin....our credit card company said we should say all we need is our signature. Is that going to create a problem? If so, how much should we take from the ATM at the airport to pay for the taxis to the hotel and then to the pier? At restaurants, we can use our credit card.

Thanks Lars for all your help. Iris

I have signed with my old Visa Electron but now I got a Nordea Pay card also by Visa and now I use my pind so I don't actually know if they have stopped using the signature but with all the tourists it will surprise me.

But else you should expect a trip to be between 350 and 400 kroner and a little bit lower to the pier.

Hi Danish Viking,

Do you know the approximate cost for a taxi from Møntergade 4, 1116 København K, Denmark to Oceankaj?

Thank you!

There is 7 kilometers and I used Taxinords price calculator and it said between 144 and 174 depend on time of day. Little bit more expensive if you use a minivan.

But with traffic etc I would probably take 200 kroner with you I you pay in cash.

And its around 20 kroner more expensive if you get your hotel to call a cap for you so the trick is to go out and see if there is any taxies and if not then get the hotel to call one.

Really appreciate all your information Danish Viking. After careful studying scheduled reservations at Hotel Copenhagen Crown. My challenge was family of 5. Two adults and 3 teenagers(15,16,17). Had to get two rooms. What do you think of Crown Hotel? Planning on One whole day for Tivoli Gardens, what do you suugest for the other day? Thanks again. Pete in Texas.

We are staying in an Airbnb private rental so we would be the ones to call a cab if needed. What company do you recommend if we need to call one?

All of the big 3 is okay.

http://www.amagerobrotaxi.dk/

http://www.taxinord.dk/taxi-copenhagen.html

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

The start price also depends on time offday.

Taxi on the street

24 kroner on normal days

40 kroner on Nights between Friday and Saturday and Saturday and Sunday (23:00 to 07:00) and public holidays.

When you phone a taxi its like this

37 kroner on a normal day.

50 kroner on Nights between Friday and Saturday and Saturday and Sunday (23:00 to 07:00) and public holidays.

When we are at it you can get the kilometer price.

On normal days its 15,25 kroner per kilometer

On Nights between Friday and Saturday and Saturday and Sunday (23:00 to 07:00) and public holidays its 19,15 kroner per kilometer.

Really appreciate all your information Danish Viking. After careful studying scheduled reservations at Hotel Copenhagen Crown. My challenge was family of 5. Two adults and 3 teenagers(15,16,17). Had to get two rooms. What do you think of Crown Hotel? Planning on One whole day for Tivoli Gardens, what do you suugest for the other day? Thanks again. Pete in Texas.

The hotel looks good but if its possible then get a room facing the courtyard.

What do you want to see on the other day?

My suggestion would be one of these.

Viking ship museum in Roskilde

A trip to Helsingør to visit Kronborg (hamlets castle) and the maritime museum.

A combined trip to both the zoo and the blue planet aquarium.

The national museum (Free entrance), perhaps together the Glyptoteket museum.

Frilandsmuseet open air museum. (free entrance)

What about luggage, do you need to carry that around?

What day are you in port

What terminal will you arrive at.

Many question I know but I want to make the best reply as possible.

As for luggage we are hoping our cruise line will be offering the luggage transport to airport through SAS.

We arrive Saturday May 9, 2015

I believe we are at Freeport terminal, although I can't confirm that tonight but we are on Serenade of the Seas.

Another question:

We are looking at landing in Copenhagen and going directly to Iceland for a few days prior to the cruise. It will be two separate airlines, so our bags would not be checked thru to Iceland.

Is there customs from Copenhagen to Reykjavik? How much time would we need to collect our bags and check in to our flight to Iceland?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you Danish Viking for the wonderful wealth of information. I have spent the last few days reading posts in anticipation of our cruise this upcoming August.

I am wondering if you can recommend a hotel or hotels that would fit the following criteria:

- Walking distance to Tivoli Gardens (less than 10 minute walk)

- Air conditioning

- Elevator (my mother is in a wheelchair and cannot do any stairs but does not need an accessible room)

- onsite restaurant

- larger rooms (more American style)

Being close to bus/train etc is not necessary as we will be relying on private transportation due to some of the special needs in our group.

Thank you in advance.

I will be arriving at the Ocean Quay terminal via the Oceania Marina on 26 Jun 2015, a Saturday. I am trying to avoid having to take a taxi to the Wakeup Hotel Borgergade. I understand the #26 bus does not run on Saturdays. Do I have any other options?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Danish Viking...THANK YOU for all your help and information.

I have read all the pages, but, now I can't remember where I saw some of the things I would like to know.

Will we need krones to use the train or taxi to get from the airport to our hotel?

Our hotel is the Absalon on Helgolandsgade, and it is one block from the train station, so is it a good idea to take the train from the airport with our luggage?

If so, how does that work? Is there a station at the airport to buy our tickets?

Is Tivoli a good place to visit if we are not going on rides? Is there enough to walk around and enjoy for most of a day? Are there other things in that area that we should see?

Once again, thanks for any assistance you can give us.

As for luggage we are hoping our cruise line will be offering the luggage transport to airport through SAS.

We arrive Saturday May 9, 2015

I believe we are at Freeport terminal, although I can't confirm that tonight but we are on Serenade of the Seas.

Your ship is docked at the Oceankaj terminal.

So to start with you have 2 options

Buy the Copenhagen Card from home and use the cruise shuttle to Østerport.

From here you take the regular bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

Here you can start with a canal tour starting from around 09:00.

After you will have to kill some time because the church first opens at 11:00 (perhaps sooner in the summer months but I can´t see that on their website)

But when you are ready to go you just walk back to Kongens Nytorv but instead of taking the bus you go down and take the metro towards Vestamager or Lufthavnen.

You get off at the next stop Christianshavn from where you can walk to Vor Frelser Kirke in 3 minutes.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Christianshavn+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn/Vor+Frelsers+Kirke,+Sankt+Ann%C3%A6+Gade+29,+1416+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6725629,12.5913674,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533edabd88cd:0x34c2f0b3c2bf1d88!2m2!1d12.591385!2d55.672054!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525339463aedc9:0xc11801eab74fb42b!2m2!1d12.59421!2d55.672939!3e2

When you are done you take bus 2A towards Tingbjerg, Galvhusvej or 9A towards Glostrup, both from Christianshavns Torv above the metro station, both busses stops at Christiansborg.

Both busses continues to Tivoli and the central station, I can´t judge If there is time to visit Tivoli but if there is time or not you can get to the airport in 12 minutes time with the Øresund train.

Another question:

We are looking at landing in Copenhagen and going directly to Iceland for a few days prior to the cruise. It will be two separate airlines, so our bags would not be checked thru to Iceland.

Is there customs from Copenhagen to Reykjavik? How much time would we need to collect our bags and check in to our flight to Iceland?

Thanks for your help!

Luckily there will be no passport control.

The airport promises a 35 minute transfer time but I suspect that it is with your luggage checked through.

I would go for no sooner than 1 hour but even that will make me nevous if I was in your place.

Thank you Danish Viking for the wonderful wealth of information. I have spent the last few days reading posts in anticipation of our cruise this upcoming August.

I am wondering if you can recommend a hotel or hotels that would fit the following criteria:

- Walking distance to Tivoli Gardens (less than 10 minute walk)

- Air conditioning

- Elevator (my mother is in a wheelchair and cannot do any stairs but does not need an accessible room)

- onsite restaurant

- larger rooms (more American style)

Being close to bus/train etc is not necessary as we will be relying on private transportation due to some of the special needs in our group.

Thank you in advance.

I can only name a few as Aircondition isn´t common in Denmark. :o

The Square.

Imperial Hotel