Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

What types of businesses will be closed on June 5th ?( Constitution Day) & Father's day. :-)

All shops will be closed but tourist sites and restaurants should be open.

We arrive in Copenhagen on June 5th. Glad to see the tourist sites and tours will be open. Will there be any special parades or activities to celebrate Constitution Day?

I'm pretty sure that I have given the correct web address, is it just a blank page or what?

The company has specialized themselves into handling cruise passengers, its mostly airport to cruise pier but I'm most certain that they can do hotel to cruise pier as well.

Or perhaps if you want to I can give you some contact information on several bus/coach companies.

We arrive in Copenhagen on June 5th. Glad to see the tourist sites and tours will be open. Will there be any special parades or activities to celebrate Constitution Day?

The politicians will hold speeches in parks, community houses etc but else there is nothing special going on.

Or at least what I'm aware off.

The Michelin guide 2015 is ready.

2 stars

Noma

Geranium

AOC (1 star last year)

1 star

Marchal

Clou

Studio

Grønbech & Churchill

Relæ

Den Røde Cottage

Kokkeriet

Era Ora

Formel B

Kiin Kiin

Søllerød Kro

Kadeau

And those of you visiting Aarhus they just 3 stars for the first time, well 1 each that is :D

Restaurant Frederikshøj

Gastronomé

Substans

Edited by Danish viking

Vor Frelser kirke is my favorite church because you can climb the church tower.

Rosenborg castle because of the crown jewels.

That must be it. :D

Hi..I am not sure if I or anyone asked this before... How can we get from our hotel near the main train station to the cruise port? Can we take a bus with our luggage? Is there a metro that goes in that area? Does the train go there?

Or, approximately how much will a taxi cost?

Questions questions questions.

You have been soooo helpful. It makes me wish I lived in a place where you might need my help some day.

~Linda

What a fantastic thread! I didn't see it when I had posted my question separately earlier. I am trying to understand the easiest way to get from the cruise port to our hotel in Nyhavn after our cruise is over. We will have heavy bags and it will be very harbor DH and I to handle them if we have to walk with them or carry them onto a bus or train. We would truly appreciate some advice! Thanks-Kade

What a fantastic thread! I didn't see it when I had posted my question separately earlier. I am trying to understand the easiest way to get from the cruise port to our hotel in Nyhavn after our cruise is over. We will have heavy bags and it will be very harbor DH and I to handle them if we have to walk with them or carry them onto a bus or train. We would truly appreciate some advice! Thanks-Kade

I found your other post and has responded there.

:p

Hi..I am not sure if I or anyone asked this before... How can we get from our hotel near the main train station to the cruise port? Can we take a bus with our luggage? Is there a metro that goes in that area? Does the train go there?

Or, approximately how much will a taxi cost?

Questions questions questions.

You have been soooo helpful. It makes me wish I lived in a place where you might need my help some day.

~Linda

Can I get a date because that helps with public transportation

Because bus 26 doesn't go out to Nordhavn in weekends or buplic holidays.

:p

Can I get a date because that helps with public transportation

Because bus 26 doesn't go out to Nordhavn in weekends or buplic holidays.

Good Morning.

We would be going from our hotel near the train station on May 8th to the Eurodam. (also, how do I find out the port where they will be?)

I am excited to go to Copehnagen. I was there once a Long long time ago for a very short overnight visit and I remember that the streets were extra clean and the people were very nice. There are so many things that I want to see and I am still trying to figure out which would be of more interest and enjoyment to my husband and me. Once I get my list narrowed down, can I ask your advice, or maybe I should let you help me eliminate some of the sites. There is never enough time. After factoring in the travel time, we really have two full days.

Thank you again and again.

Good Morning.

We would be going from our hotel near the train station on May 8th to the Eurodam. (also, how do I find out the port where they will be?)

I am excited to go to Copehnagen. I was there once a Long long time ago for a very short overnight visit and I remember that the streets were extra clean and the people were very nice. There are so many things that I want to see and I am still trying to figure out which would be of more interest and enjoyment to my husband and me. Once I get my list narrowed down, can I ask your advice, or maybe I should let you help me eliminate some of the sites. There is never enough time. After factoring in the travel time, we really have two full days.

Thank you again and again.

Eurodam is docked at Oceankaj

The easiest way is to cath bus 26 (direction Færgehavn Nord, UNICEF) from either Trommesalen (06 and 26 past the hour) or København H

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000007915

Or from the central station (07 and 27 past the hour)

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000001152

The reason why I mention the Trommesalen bus stop is that its located close to many of the hotels on Vesterbro.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Trommesalen/@55.673264,12.560373,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4652530c980b4bb7:0xe34b76918c83c6ee

Another quicker solution is to cath any northbound train to Østerport and either cath bus 26 for UNICEF or take the dedicated cruise shuttle.

Regional trains mostly departs from track 1-4 and S-trains from track 9-10.

THe location of the Sløjfen bus stop at Østerport

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/%C3%98sterport+St.,+Sl%C3%B8jfen/@55.693549,12.591225,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252e0509b6503:0x67f1b40f512f1420

Here the normal bus departs at 30 and 50 past the hour.

The cruise shuttle doesn´t have any dedicated timetable but goes between 08:00 and 16:00 so its just to wait. :D

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000030585

Edited by Danish viking

Hi Danish Viking

My family and I including two kids ages 13 & 11 will be in Copenhagen for 1 day in July. I see from the schedule you posted earlier in the thread we will be docking at Langeline. We would like to visit The Little Mermaid and also Tivoli. Can you please suggest the easiest way to do this using busses or taxis?

Many thanks

Dee

Well I would avoid busses entirely.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Langeliniekaj+(Midt)/The+Little+Mermaid,+Langelinie/%C3%98sterport+St.,+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6956706,12.5901766,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252dda8e3b789:0x177c1078db48f2c3!2m2!1d12.600197!2d55.698501!1m5!1m1!1s0x464c90eb8d422103:0xdfa8900ca2351e3c!2m2!1d12.599283!2d55.69286!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252e1baaa77dd:0x5b5a2bb2ee9e0553!2m2!1d12.589143!2d55.693523!3e2

At Østerport you just take any northbound train towards the central station (København H) and get off there.

Tivoli is located just next to the central station.

When you get back to Østerport you can either walk or take the bus 26 back to Langelinie.

Make sure you take the bus for Langelinie or Søndre Frihavn, if its the Søndre Frihavn bus you just get off at Indiakaj bus stop.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Indiakaj/@55.6956706,12.5901766,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252de6ee8856f:0xeb0e221fb2acd1be

Danish Viking

Your responses to our questions are so valuable! Thank you. I have gathered a lot of information from the thread.

My question is about the Danish Kroner. I was wanting to bring sufficient cash for the couple of days we are in Copenhagen. Hotel (Bethel) will be on our CC, but spending money for coffee, breakfast, lunch, a beer , dinner ? I have no idea what to expect. We will arrive on the 21st of September and the cruise leaves on the 24th. Any help is always appreciated.

Joan