Q. When is a Saver fare not a Saver Fare ?

weliketocruise86

A. When the Early Saver price is removed and re-listed as the Saver fare :rolleyes:

Are they the same price?

obviously the T and C are different

early saver -deposit and balance-cancel within the time limit and you only lose the deposit.

saver-pay 100% and if you cancel lose 100%

oh and the no choices.

I guess if P and O thinks that people will pay the saver fare at what was an early saver amount, good luck to them.

People must do their homework first before booking.

It is people who just see saver fare, think it must be a good price and book it, with no checking, who will get caught out.

Are they the same price?

obviously the T and C are different

early saver -deposit and balance-cancel within the time limit and you only lose the deposit.

saver-pay 100% and if you cancel lose 100%

oh and the no choices.

I guess if P and O thinks that people will pay the saver fare at what was an early saver amount, good luck to them.

People must do their homework first before booking.

It is people who just see saver fare, think it must be a good price and book it, with no checking, who will get caught out.

Yes exactly the same price, so we will wait before booking ;)

A. When the Early Saver price is removed and re-listed as the Saver fare :rolleyes:

As you don't state which cruise you are referring to, I would imagine the clue is in the word "early" ? If the final payment point has been reached then the Early saver fare would obviously no longer be relevant. But it is still a "saver " fare isn't it?

As the English lady has already said the Ts &Cs are quite different.

As you don't state which cruise you are referring to, I would imagine the clue is in the word "early" ? If the final payment point has been reached then the Early saver fare would obviously no longer be relevant. But it is still a "saver " fare isn't it?

As the English lady has already said the Ts &Cs are quite different.

It also depends on the demand for that cruise. If demand is high the prices, saver or anything else, will not come down. They may go up as they did in the summer and people who waited for the cheap deal were without a cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can use a future cruise deposit on an early saver but not on a saver. You can also state a dining preference on an early saver although this is not guaranteed.

Brian

Dining preference on a Select fare can't be guaranteed either :eek:

There are only so many seats for the 2 sittings on club dining so theoretically you could have more select fare cruisers wanting say 1st sitting than seats available.

The ultimate solution is to do away with club dining. ;);)

I don't understand P&O's pricing on their website at all.

Take this for example - our cruise is D509 Adonia - 25th April.

On the first page. Insides are sold out. Outsides are from £1529. so far so good.

You then try to make a booking, the next set of prices are Select £1999 and Early saver £1969.

OK, so carry on making a booking on either Select or Early saver, it then says total for 2 people is £2600 or so.

carry on with the booking and you get to choose a cabin, now it has gone up to £3300 for two people. Those figures are as close as I remember, but none of it makes any sense at all.