Sign in to follow this  
mlmdaisy

Happy Fish

Does anyone have experience with Happy Fish tours in Guatemala? Their prices are quite a bit lower than "Go with Gus" and I wonder if they are equivalent. I can find reviews only for their restaurant.

We just toured with them last week out of Santo Tomas (Quirigua ruins and Rio Dulce Canyon combination tour). We were very satisfied with our tour and enjoyed the day.

The terminal at Santo Tomas had several booths for tour operators. Happy Fish was one of the busiest.

Just back from the Rio Dulce, Livingston tour. Boat ride was 35 minutes of torture in a small boat that slammed every wave. Ride down river was much better. Stopped at a restaurant next to a small hot spring. Water $1 was a good buy as there were no complimentary beverages as advertised. We went to a school but I couldn't climb up the treacherous steep stairs to the top--went half way and stopped.

Then to lunch in Livingston--short walk up a steep hill to the Happy Fish restaurant where we got room temp piece of thin, tough chicken, rice and beans and vegetables.

Then back for another 35-40 ride in the choppy water with the boat slamming every wave. Wrong size boat for that! Didn't like this tour at all.