I have the Drink Package, now what??

lais

I am a beer drinker and my husband is the wine snob. We both like to drink out on our balcony in the evenings for sunset etc. Do I need to go from bar to bar to bar to stockpile the beer to bring back to my cabin because I can only get 1 drink at a time, right? Can I get his wine while I am at it with his seapass card or does he need to be there?

Hmm? I was just thinking maybe I can bring a thermos and fill it with wine as I go from bar to bar. Lol But really, I am a newbie to the drink package and I also drink a lot of water. Will the water placed in my room be a part of the package or do I need to stockpile that too?

Unfortunately none of the beverages that are provided to you in-cabin from room service, mini-bar, or cabin steward are covered by the beverage package. If you want items in-cabin you have to either bring it back to the cabin yourself or pay separately for it.

If you both want a drink just give the waiter both cards and you will get 2 drinks. Same with water, get it from a bar.

Get a bottle whenever your passing a bar and keep them all in the fridge.

If you use anything else from your fridge you will be charged full price for it.

I am a beer drinker and my husband is the wine snob. We both like to drink out on our balcony in the evenings for sunset etc. Do I need to go from bar to bar to bar to stockpile the beer to bring back to my cabin because I can only get 1 drink at a time, right? Can I get his wine while I am at it with his seapass card or does he need to be there?

Hmm? I was just thinking maybe I can bring a thermos and fill it with wine as I go from bar to bar. Lol But really, I am a newbie to the drink package and I also drink a lot of water. Will the water placed in my room be a part of the package or do I need to stockpile that too?

Remember you can bring two bottles of wine on board to enjoy on your balcony. Your cabin attendant will provide glasses and the should be a cork screw in the mini fridge. Enjoy!:)

. Do I need to go from bar to bar to bar to stockpile the beer to bring back to my cabin because I can only get 1 drink at a time, right? Can I get his wine while I am at it with his seapass card or does he need to be there?

Simple answer is yes, you need to stockpile...but if you have two cards, you can get two drinks. However, they frown upon ordering drinks too quickly....so if you get a beer at one bar and immediately go to another for a second beer, it may become an issue. I'd wait 10 minutes between buying drinks to stockpile.

Water in your room is not part of the drink packages.

If you do decide to use the cooler (it's not really a refrigerator) in your room, you might want to ask your cabin attendant to empty it before you use it. That will remove the possibility that they think you dranks/ate something that they want to charge you for.

Hi LAIS,

If you are serious Beer & Wine Lovers (you did use the word "snob" ) then you will probably want to Upgrade to the Premium Alcohol Pkg vs the complimentary Classic you got with the booking promo... Premium includes a wider range of items including Imported & Craft Beers as well as more Wines

The Upgrade will cost you $ 10 US + 15% Grats = $ 11.50 US per person per day / night *

Well worth it in my opinion

You can do the Upgrade once onboard at any Bar or Guest Relations, they will put a sticker on your card

* Note tho that it will be effective / charged for how many nights remain on your cruise when you buy it (be it Day 1 or Day 3 etc) which can give you some time to check out what is on offer around the ship on the Classic Pkg. Just be aware that it is not retroactive, so any item that has previously been charged to your SeaPass Card will remain there (each Pkg has it max pour cost... On the Classic you exceed that you pay full freight for the item... On the Premium you just pay the difference)

If one is a Wine Snob, it is worth chatting up the Sommeliers onboard... Telling them what it is you prefer. We have found the Somms are EXCELLENT and get truly excited about Guests who know their wine... And can make some great wines appear that suddenly qualify for the Premium Pkg (by the glass, but they may very well just put th WHOLE BOTTLE on your table)

Lastly... For Balcony sipping:

For just the occasional drink, indeed many Pax make their collections Enroute... Of course stockpiling is easier to do with cans & bottles (water - pop - beer) than it is for wine. With your Bevvy Pkg you can only get one drink at a time, but no rule as to how many cards you present (1 drink for each)

For wine drinkers wanting more than just one glass I suggest the following:

Celebrity allows you to bring aboard 2 Bottles of Wine (750 ml each) per cabin. There is no Corkage Charge if you open them in your Stateroom... Just if you take them elsewhere for opening. We find the best value to be got from higher end wines (even if opened in a venue with corkage fee), so we mostly use our allowance to bring aboard Sparkling / Champagne... And we pack along the necessary tools... corkscrew & bubble keeper bottle top. The Steward can get you appropriate glassware (as well as a Bucket with ice)

Otherwise, with the Bevvy Pkg you can buy whole bottles from any Bar / Venue with a discount applied (20%). We have done this too

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We always stop on the way to the cabin of an evening and each get a drink. Then the wifester holds both and we stop at another place before entering the lift, and I take both cards and get 2 more, and off to the cabin we go to get ready for the evening fun!

We have the steward empty the mini fridge and fill it with water, perrier, and a couple of beers and soda.

ps: We too always upgrade to the Premium pkg.

Edited by wallie5446

If you are a wine snob, neither drink package is much good. Use the Wine Package that has what you like.

I would respectfully disagree. The Premium package offers some nice wine, and the bonus is that on the wines priced above $13 you are only charged the balance over $13, whereas on the Classic you would pay the entire price of any wine over $9. The Celebrity house wine is a Kendall Jackson @ $10.50.

Remember you can bring two bottles of wine on board to enjoy on your balcony. Your cabin attendant will provide glasses and the should be a cork screw in the mini fridge. Enjoy!:)

I am a new cruiser for Celebrity. Is it 2 bottles per room or per person.

Your answer will be most appreciated.

I am a new cruiser for Celebrity. Is it 2 bottles per room or per person.

Your answer will be most appreciated.

Hi ELAINEMH,

2 Bottles (750 ml each) per Stateroom... Does not matter how many people in it

For more info, see the Celebrity FAQs Pg & Celebrity's Alcohol Pkg

Celebrity Cruises - FAQs = http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions

I do advise that everyone going on a Celebrity Cruise should read thru the FAQs Pg & the Celebrity Cruise Contract (link on the FAQs Pg)... These 2 Documents form the most important things you'll need to know in regards to your Rights & Responsibilities

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

If you are a wine snob, neither drink package is much good. Use the Wine Package that has what you like.

I too respectfully disagree, once we chatted with our sommelier (en francais) and he knew what we liked, all sorts of wonderful and delicious wines appeared. We rarely ordered, he always proposed and we tasted.....we discussed......if we weren't 100% satisfied.....he brought something else.

Maybe we were just lucky. Or maybe he liked that we spoke French and could pronounce all our wines properly. ;)

I too respectfully disagree, once we chatted with our sommelier (en francais) and he knew what we liked, all sorts of wonderful and delicious wines appeared. We rarely ordered, he always proposed and we tasted.....we discussed......if we weren't 100% satisfied.....he brought something else.

Maybe we were just lucky. Or maybe he liked that we spoke French and could pronounce all our wines properly. ;)

This has been our experience on BOTH our Celebrity Cruises (but we were conversing in English)

I think as I've said here on CC previously, the Somms just are thrilled to talk wine... And LOVE when they come across someone who knows a bit about the topic

I think they become quite tired of all the people who must say:

"oh something white"

"Red on the Classic Pkg"

Their hearts must truly leap when a Pax engages them in convo and knows the difference between varietals and what they prefer to drink

We have truly been delighted with what a Celebrity Somm can pull out of the Extensive Celebrity Wine Cellar... And have magically appear on the Premium Pkg... Be it by the glass... Or the whole bottle being left on the table !!!

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks for all of the info. I really only drink Miller Lt, It's my husband who is the wine snob. Can just one of us upgrade the package?

Yes, one can upgrade if done on the ship. Some have been able to upgrade one prior, others not.

We met a couple on our last cruise that had upgraded one person. He liked better beer, she liked better wine. They flipped back and forth who ordered what.

Personally, it seemed like a bit of a bother but I'm sure in the long run for them it was worth the savings.

Yes, one can upgrade if done on the ship. Some have been able to upgrade one prior, others not.

We met a couple on our last cruise that had upgraded one person. He liked better beer, she liked better wine. They flipped back and forth who ordered what.

Personally, it seemed like a bit of a bother but I'm sure in the long run for them it was worth the savings.

That's really taking advantage, and in essence, stealing.

Other cruise lines force ALL adults in the cabin to have the SAME beverage package for just that reason.

If Celebrity knows this is happening, it will only be a matter of time until they follow suit and force ALL adults in the cabin to have the SAME beverage package.

That will only hurt the folks who honestly upgrade so that they (JUST them) can have their preferred drinks.

If Celebrity knows this is happening, it will only be a matter of time until they follow suit and force ALL adults in the cabin to have the SAME beverage package.

When first introduced, Celebrity tried this approach and quickly found that it was a disaster...in fact those where one would have upgraded decided that it wasn't worth it because that person was actually paying $23 a day to upgrade.

Celebrity does try to watch for misuse.. Sure, some get away with it, but you know...most folks are pretty honest and maybe the premium holder will order one drink and pass it to the meaningful other, but they don't make a habit of it.

Personally, I think celebrity would maximize their profit if they allowed classic package holders to pay the difference between the classic package limit and the drink plus a $1 service charge.....but I'm sure they've cranked the numbers ad nauseum. Their current approach is to reduce the liquors on the classic package in order to "force" more to pay the upgrade price....that may or may not work. Certainly their attempt at this a few months ago riled enough folks that there was talk about legal action in the UK,etc and the proposed reduced alcohol list was summarily withdrawn.

Edited by ghstudio

It's OK if one of two wants to upgrade. I did on the fifth of seven days, and my wife did on her own soon after. I enjoyed the single malts, Laphroig being included, congnac as well, Remy VSOP. She enjoyed the better wine, and then some. The beauty is that Celebrity is still flexible.

For those that have done so, would you suggest waiting until we get on the ship to upgrade? We already have the classic package, but the website wants to charge full price if I try to purchase the premium package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those that have done so, would you suggest waiting until we get on the ship to upgrade? We already have the classic package, but the website wants to charge full price if I try to purchase the premium package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You cannot buy the Upgrade off the website... Only on the ship (easiest) or with a Celebrity Phone Rep (mixed results reported)

There have been several Booking Promos in the last few months (123Go - Pick Your Perk - 123Go All Inclusive), all give the Cruiser the option to take a Classic Alcohol Bevvy Pkg

When you upgrade you pay just "the difference" of $ 10 US + 15% Grats = $ 11.50 US per person per day (charged by the night)

Thing is tho... To do it by phone the Rep must have the correct code to charge you just the difference

The old 123Go Offer & the code linked to "123Go Classic Non Alcohol to Premium Non Alcohol Upgrade"... Easy enough. But in recent months with so many different Booking Promos either the corresponding codes have not been updated in the system, OR Celebrity Phone Reps are not all aware of them... Hence the reports of people having difficulty making it happen over the phone

The Ship, however is easy... They've been doing Upgrades for Pax ever since these Bevvy Pkgs began... (several years ago).... Long before all these Booking Promos. The Upgrade can be done at Guest Relations or any bar... They put a Sticker on your SeaPass. Takes just a few minutes then you are good to go.

And Bonus you can do it either the day you board... Or later down the road, in case you want to see how the Classic Pkg goes for you. Just remember once it is done, it is in place for the remainder of your cruise... And it is not retroactive. So anything you have charged additionally to your SeaPass Account will remain there.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

That's really taking advantage, and in essence, stealing.

We both upgrade. I was just saying I saw his happen.

or with a Celebrity Phone Rep (mixed results reported)ote=Sloop-JohnB;44957763

Cheers!

Had no difficulty doing this yesterday. Unless you have OBC to use up, I would suggest doing it ahead of boarding. This way it is on your card without an added sticker (easily lost). Plus, for those of us who are Canadian they gave me a great rate of exchange. Much better than on the ship. Edited by monicajay