Questions about Alternative Dining on Silver Shadow

jdaa

What are the alternative dining options on the Silver Shadow? Are both the Terrace Cafe and Le Champagne available every night for alternative dining? If so, what are the differences between the two?

Also, is complementary wine offered in the Terrace Cafe? I see that only for-purchase beverages are offered in Le Champagne--is premium wine available by the glass, or only by the bottle?

If Le Champagne is like Saletta on the Cloud and Wind, it is open every night, serving a supposedly Michelin two-star fixed menu (except two choices for main course), changing every two days, with extra-cost wines (bottles only) only. If it's not like Saletta, ignore the above.

The Terrace Café is open nearly every night (if not every night), serving a differently themed fixed menu (French, Asian, Italian, Seafood, etc.) each night, with both complimentary and extra-cost wines available.

[img]http://mywebsite.register.com/db1/00019/steve.snugglebear.name/_uimages/LargerGrumpyBear.gif[/img]

Run for your lives; it's a grumpily pedantic bear.

Matsonia 6/59
Silver Cloud 12/00
Harmony 5/01
Silver Whisper 9/01
Ecstasy 12/01
Deutschland 7/02
Silver Shadow 11/02
Royal Clipper 4-5/03
Silver Wind 12/03-1/04

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=08>
<param name="day" value=07>
<param name="hour" value=18>
</applet>
until Inside Passage on Cruise West's [I]Spirit of Discovery[/I].

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=08>
<param name="day" value=27>
<param name="hour" value=18>
</applet>
until Svalbard Circumnavigation on [I]Akademik Vavilov[/I].

Thanks SteveBear--I was a little confused on that point.
Does anyone know what the current procedure is for making dinner reservations for either the Terrace Cafe, or Le Champagne? Are reservations made for the same day, or can they be made in advance (say the first day of the cruise)?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdaa:
Thanks SteveBear--I was a little confused on that point.
Does anyone know what the current procedure is for making dinner reservations for either the Terrace Cafe, or Le Champagne? Are reservations made for the same day, or can they be made in advance (say the first day of the cruise)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to the maitr'd in either and ask about what's scheduled for each night ie themes - particularly for Terrace. He will have typical menus for each. If they have a theme you fancy for a particular night reserve straight away. He keeps a diary.

But also remember to cancel if you change your mind so that someone else can have your table. Some forget which is a little selfish.

You can make dinner reservations for Terrace (theme) and Le Champagne (set menu without complimentary wines) on the first day of the cruise - and should in order to reserve a place. Agree with uk1 - make sure to cancel if you are unable to attend. Le Champagne menus are posted on the wall the day before. We did not have a choice when I was on the Whisper (January) for theme dinners and Le Champagne - you ate (or did not eat) what was served.

Archived