Costa Rica 10/7/04

jeffkauf

I was on the Whisper in January and one of our ports was Costa Rica. I'm not on your cruise, but if there is a zipline excursion offered in Costa Rica, I HIGHLY recommend it! I was not afraid until I was standing on the first platform, told to step off, and briefly I thought, "I'm going to do it... but I'm not going to like it." As it turned out, I loved it. I wished I could have done it more. None of the passengers who signed up (about 30?) gave up, all completed the course, and one of the passengers was a 75 year old woman who had knee surgery a few years before. I didn't hear of anyone who disliked it. I'm not saying it's the easiest tour. You will need to climb some stairs to get to the zipline platforms. But, it was one of my favorite tours, from multiple cruises.

• 3 weeks later...

This will be our first cruise experience - and we're looking forward to "being away" for the extended trip (leaving four kids and work that keeps us fairly occupied). As we are new to the world of cruising, I'm very pleased to have found these boards & appreciate any/all input that will increase our enjoyment and decrease any newbie errors we might otherwise make!

I need to get on the ball and make the travel arrangements ... from other posts I see that SJO is the correct airport. Any suggestions on this front, and/or a place to stay before/after?

I've also given some thought to extending pre/post the the trip & visiting the Galapagos islands while we're "in the neighborhood" ... any advice on this idea?

My husband and I are also planning to join this cruise to S. America. It will be our first cuise with Silversea and we looking forward to an incredible adventure.

We plan to leave to ship in Lima and go to Macchu pichu/Cusco for a couple of days. Upon returning to Costa Rica we hope to fit in a canopy tour before our return home.

Anyone who has taken this cruise, comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelley

Archived