Wow...New R Ship arriving - SIRENA

BEEZLEE

So looking at the link for the ship on Oceania- the mauve pink dining room looks like circa 1985! Is this the "new" renovated look?

Maybe for Princess ;)

not sure where/what you are looking at

Too much of a newbie on CC, don't know how to post pics. Found the image on Oceania's blog from yesterday- I do hope it is an old photo, or Oceania needs to hire a new designer!

ship will be undergoing a complete new refit

What you are seeing in that picture is Toscana on the R ships since the redo. At least that's what it looks like on Insignia.

I don't remember it feeling quite that pinkish when we were in it so that photo may be the lighting.

Here is the photo the OP is referring to.

http://www.oceaniacruisesblog.com/.a/6a0120a92e343a970b01b8d0ad37a0970c-pi

Edited by ORV

What you are seeing in that picture is Toscana on the R ships since the redo. At least that's what it looks like on Insignia.

I don't remember it feeling quite that pinkish when we were in it so that photo may be the lighting.

Here is the photo the OP is referring to.

http://www.oceaniacruisesblog.com/.a/6a0120a92e343a970b01b8d0ad37a0970c-pi

Toscana on the R ships and it is more beige than it looks....

I'll admit we haven't been on since the massive refurbishment, but the last time we were on (November of last year) Toscana was done in blues and yellows. A very beautiful room the went very well with that Rosenthal China. Let's hope it is the same.

Cenia

I hope so too, Cenia

6a0120a92e343a970b01b8d0ad37a0970c-pi but those table are set with what looks like the old Polo service.

I believe that the red was supposed to give Polo a Chasens vibe.

220px-Chasen%27s_Awning_2.JPGchasens.jpg This is the famous Chasens' chili which Elizabeth Taylor was flying out to Italy during the filming of Cleopatra -please note the plate-.

etcf.jpg

Edited by StanandJim

I'll admit we haven't been on since the massive refurbishment, but the last time we were on (November of last year) Toscana was done in blues and yellows. A very beautiful room the went very well with that Rosenthal China. Let's hope it is the same.

Cenia

The picture I posted a link to is definitely Toscana on Insignia. I was on there 3 weeks or so ago. I really don't know what it looks like on the other ships. If you go to the Oceania website and click on the links for Toscana on each of the R ships you'll see that picture(similar) come up.

May we presume that you ate there? What color were the plates?

I really don't remember. I don't think they were the blue ones. Sorry, I guess I just don't pay attention to that type of thing.