Catalina w/7 y/o

daytrippertm

Hi,

I'm taking my son on a 4 day Baja cruise and I'm not sure what we can do in Catalina. He is not old enough for snorkeling according to the brochure and since I have his birth certificate on me, I can't fib. If we bring our own masks, can we wade out a bit and see fish? What other things would be cool for a 7 y/o boy to do? This is our first cruise and I want him to have a good experience. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Terry

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;10;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

5/10 Monarch of the Seas

Hello! Catalina, as I remember, had a lot of shops and museums that would not be much of an interest to a 7 year old, and I'm not sure about water activities. When my husband and I went there we rented a golf cart and drove around to different parts of the island. It was fun, and your son may get a kick out of it. Golf carts are very popular there so you shouldn't have any trouble renting one.

Buffalo. Take him on the tour into the island to see the large herd of wild animals. B/c I read your other post I know you are deciding between the SD zoo & sea world. This will help make up for missing the zoo.

There's also a glass bottom boat tour to see the Sea Lions. They are "trained" to swim under the boat. I saw my 1st bald eagle on that trip.

If memory serves there is a small beach just beyond town that will give you an afternoon of relaxation.

Trish

Archived