Robes provided?

marco

On a cruise in June I didn't find the robes in my stateroom and thought it might be another cutback. I asked my stateroom attendant and he brought me one immediately - it was just an oversight when preparing the room between cruises.

On our cruise this month two robes were in the closet when we arrived.

I always use the robe and am glad there is one less thing I have to pack. I don't think Celebrity sells the waffle weave robes any longer - just the plush ones now?

Whenever we receive the heavy, bulky terry robes on warm weather cruises, we always ask to have them exchanged for the light waffle robes and it is done with no problem.

So no need to pack and bring along our own light weight robes.

Do people actually wear the robes?
What a strange question.

It is hard to believe that you are serious.

Would you really answer the door in your PJs or nightgown or birthday suit (or whatever you wear to bed) without slipping on a robe first?

Most mornings I wear the robe while having coffee or breakfast out on the balcony, enjoying the views as the ship approaches the new port.

I also wear it for lounging around in the cabin at night, sitting on the couch to watch TV or read, or using the internet, or sitting at the desk or out on the balcony at night after showering and before going to bed, pretty much the same way I wear a robe for lounging around at home.

In addition to the robes, does Celebrity provide slippers, I've had some in my rooms at various resorts. If not no biggie, I'll just bring a pair from home.

What a strange question.

Would you really answer the door in your PJs or nightgown or birthday suit (or whatever you wear to bed) without slipping on a robe first?

Most mornings I wear the robe while having coffee or breakfast out on the balcony, enjoying the views as the ship approaches the new port.

I also wear it for lounging around in the cabin at night, sitting on the couch to watch TV or read, or using the internet, or sitting at the desk or out on the balcony at night after showering and before going to bed, pretty much the same way I wear a robe for lounging around at home.

I don't think it's actually such a strange question. We had the plush terry robes in our concierge cabin (just returned Sunday), but asked that they be removed.

For me, they are so big and heavy I'd never wear them and they took up a lot of closet room--didn't want to hand them on the wall hooks. I drown in the things and to me they are very uncomfortable. I bring a very light robe from home. I don't think I have ever seen my husband wear a robe--if we need for some reason to answer the door, we slip on a pair of shorts or something.

I'd never consider wearing them out of the room, if we did keep them, but I do see people roaming around in the robes, I hope mostly going to the spa.

I would never wear a robe outside of the cabin, but I have to say I have seen this on about every one of my cruises --- in the spa, the buffet, by the pool. Never in the MDR, thank goodness. But count me among those who really like having a plush, comfortable robe provided. I also like it for sitting on the balcony in the AM, and welcoming my room service breakfast. It's one less thing I have to pack.

What a strange question.

Many people, myself included, bring their own robes on vacation. Mine is a light-weight robe - lighter than even the waffle-weave types - so very easy to pack.

I think the point was, do folks actually use the robes supplied by X, as opposed to using robes in general.

In addition to the robes, does Celebrity provide slippers, I've had some in my rooms at various resorts. If not no biggie, I'll just bring a pair from home.

Slippers are generally provided in AQ staterooms and above. The ones in AQ would have fit a giant. Was recently in a penthouse and had reasonable sized slippers which I could actually wear.

Thank you Happy Cruiser. I'll make a note to bring the ones I have on hand. Going on the Reflection in January. Really need a break.

Slippers are generally provided in AQ staterooms and above. The ones in AQ would have fit a giant. Was recently in a penthouse and had reasonable sized slippers which I could actually wear.

The light weight rubber flip flops that I bring to wear to the pool and sauna and public shower areas double as slippers for me.

I prefer them to the cloth slippers provided by the ship as they are exactly the right size for me and they don't get soggy when wet.

Also, as we are among those passengers who book different category staterooms on different cruises, I just leave them in my suitcase between trips and have no concern about whether or not the stateroom or hotel room category we book next time will provide slippers.

Edited by fleckle

While celebrity hasn't removed the robes and slippers yet and given their current course and speed on expense cuts, I wouldn't count on them being there on your cruise :) Bring your own both just in case and because yours are going to look better than the one's they provide.

While celebrity hasn't removed the robes and slippers yet and given their current course and speed on expense cuts, I wouldn't count on them being there on your cruise......
I surmise they may go the same route as the ice buckets and water pitchers and extra cotton balls and q-tips -- no longer provided automatically, but available upon request.

Do people actually wear the robes?

Absolutely! Why not? That's what they are there for - to wear!!! :) Wonderful for putting on after a shower, or to answer the cabin door if still not fully clothed. Either the waffle weave or terry cloth are fine for me. The rooms can be cool so the heavier weight robe doesn't really matter. Thank you Celebrity for supplying them!

We never have, never will. But, yes there are some who wear them to the pools, buffet, and BINGO. Not our thing and when a 80 year old strips it off with a thong underneath at the pool, we start to consider Crystal cruises.

That is exactly why robe usage should be encouraged. That 80 year old thong wearer will walk through the hallways on the way to, and back from, the pool. I would much rather that be with a robe than without!!

And as a side note, with all the weight and baggage restrictions I would never think of packing a robe from home when there is one provided at the ship, but to each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, I would slip on the robe if I had time to get it and put it on! I have been caught changing my clothes and had no time to do this. Stateroom attendant just knocked and then opened the door and there he was!:eek:

Edited by TeaBag

I surmise they may go the same route as the ice buckets and water pitchers and extra cotton balls and q-tips -- no longer provided automatically, but available upon request.

All were provided on our recent Century Cruise. WE had get the cotton buds etc topped up as necessary but no biggie