Online Check In! HELP!

Dannee112

Hi Everyone,

Trying to complete Online Check In for my cruise in Jan. I've got so far and then it asks for ID Info, as its a Domestic Australian Sailing I don't need a passport but thats the only option - I was going to use a Drivers Licence!

Should I press passport or call?

Thanks

I found the same problem so I simply will not do online check in - there is no requirement to do so. Ignore the posts above referencing international waters etc, if you're on a purely domestic cruise and you are not going anywhere near another country (do you people even know where Indonesia is??) also duty free will not be sold onboard.

Drivers license will be quite adequate for checking in at the pier and I don't believe it adds a huge amount of time if you have not done online check in.

We returned last week from a Celebrity 7 night Tasmania cruise from Sydney and while we have a passport my wife's father, who also joined us on the cruise, does not have a passport. Our travel agent called the Celebrity Australian office and was told to tell us to just put the drivers licence number under passport in the online check in even though it only gives the option of a passport, so we did that and it worked. When we checked in at the port we had no problems using our drivers licences.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity share the same Australian phone number (1 800 754 500) and office so the same should work with a Royal Caribbean cruise.

If you don't do the online checkin, it's NOT a big deal!!! Really! Not everyone (yes, hard to believe) has a computer! Just leave anything you don't have blank....I've never sailed with a passport, so I can't input that info!!

Edited by cb at sea

Thanks everyone for your responses. I rang RCCL and they informed me to when completing online check in to put select 'Passport' and then in the document number field to put an 'L' symbolising licence followed by the licence number.

• 1 year later...
Hi in relatio to this is there anything i can put in refernece for online checkin for a child?? Or better waiting to check in at the wharf??? Thanks

According to Royal, the child must have a passport when sailing from a non-US port:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do

Edited by clarea

Thanks Rob. To clarify we are australian citizens travelling within Australia so do not require a passport, just wanting to know if there is an alternative to passport number (as there is with aus license number) for children when checking in online or just wait to check in at wharf.