All things Baltimore

collinH45

Today's (Monday) riots never made it to the downtown area of Baltimore. The riots started at Mondawmin Mail, which is in theWest Baltimore neighborhood. The Orioles game was postponed around 6pm. At that point there were crowds headed in that direction. But, the riots NEVER made it any where close to either Camden Yards or the Inner Harbor.

To restate an above post, the Cruise ship pier is not near any where that either peaceful protests or riots have taken place.

John

Thee was sporatic looting last night in the Fells Point area which is located right next to he Inner Harbor.

Looks like some not so nice things did happen in the area near the cruise ships!!

No, Fells Point is not near the cruise ships. In fact, that area is on the other side of the Harbor. So glad there were PEACEFUL protests today. Now we can focus on the issues that sparked all of the unrest in the first place.

This was posted on Facebook today:

Friends, BSO family and all who love the great City of Baltimore:

Join musicians of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra outside the Meyerhoff at 12 noon TOMORROW, 4/29, for a free concert in support of our community. It seems we could all use a little music in our lives right about now. ‪#‎BSOPeace‬

"This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."

-Leonard Bernstein

Does anyone know what time they start processing incoming passengers for the Pride? I hear boarding sometimes does not start until 12:30 PM and I also heard that people are not able to park till 11:00 AM or so. We will be dropped off so thats why I'm interested in what time they start processing passengers. I assume they let people be dropped off at anytime? We're planning to get to the port around 10:00 AM

Somewhere around 10-10:30. Drop offs were permitted around that time a couple weeks ago, but the parking lot did not seem to be ready at that time for parking, probably closer to 11.

The ship arrives after 8 AM and numbers started being called around 10:15 AM so yes, Pride tends to board later than other ships.....it was probably close to 11 AM or so before all guests were off.

Boarding started shortly before noon IIRC....

Somewhere around 10-10:30. Drop offs were permitted around that time a couple weeks ago, but the parking lot did not seem to be ready at that time for parking, probably closer to 11.

The ship arrives after 8 AM and numbers started being called around 10:15 AM so yes, Pride tends to board later than other ships.....it was probably close to 11 AM or so before all guests were off.

Boarding started shortly before noon IIRC....

Thank you!

How is debarkation at Baltimore? We are being picked up. How easy is it for those picking us up and us in terms of locating one another? While, on the topic is there anything we should keep in mind if we're being dropped of for embarkation?

How is debarkation at Baltimore? We are being picked up. How easy is it for those picking us up and us in terms of locating one another? While, on the topic is there anything we should keep in mind if we're being dropped of for embarkation?

Aside from maybe being slow, getting dropped off and picked up should be easy......IIRC you can be met either in front of, or alongside, the building....if both parties have cell phones, you should be fine...

Aside from maybe being slow, getting dropped off and picked up should be easy......IIRC you can be met either in front of, or alongside, the building....if both parties have cell phones, you should be fine...

Thanks for the info! I was just curious as if there was a certain "lot", being able to be alongside the building will be great, thanks again!

Thanks, but we will be on Carnival Pride. I get conflicting reports of whether I can take 2 weeks worth of carry on at the beginning. I guess it's like all those things and is hit and miss. We had a bad experience on the Liberty B2B when we were going to get off to replenish and we weren't allowed because we waited too long and the next week's pax were boarding. ** So I am making plans in advance! Almost wondering since we are driving if I should leave 2nd week's "stuff" in the car and just get off the ship in between cruises and put everything in my carry on and reboard! :p

**if you were wondering and this confuses you...we had an "in transit" pass on Liberty in PC. We had to exit the ship, but then we reboarded and were given a glass of champagne and a picture was taken of the whole B2B group. THEN we went to our cabin to get our carry ons to get off the ship, shop and then reboard. But by that time it was later and as mentioned, the next cruise's pax were boarding and they didn't have a security area set up for getting OFF the ship. By the time they did it was 2:30 with a reboard by 3:30 and sail away at 4, and I was too terrified of missing the ship! I DID "complain nicely" to guest services and they gave me a complimentary bottle of wine.

We just did a b2b on the carnival breeze in February and brought 2 cases of water, etc. we had no problem bringing anything on with us. If they question you you just have to show them your 2 boarding passes that you are doing a b2b. Stay on the ship and enjoy the peacefulness.

We will be departing out of Baltimore for the first time on July 5th. I have a few questions and they may have been answered before but I haven't found them.

1) I'm seeing that drop offs seems to start around 10:30 a with parking lots opening around 11? Is that correct?

2) Has the city calmed down enough where I should try a park and cruise or should I park at the port where it's more secure?

3) Can I hear some options for a nice park and cruise hotel? Nicer neighborhood with dining available nearby?

4) How about a nice hotel close to the port with the above amenities that's an easy drive if we decide to park at the port?

5) Does Carnival have a VIP lounge in Baltimore?

Thanks so much for the help.