Port Everglades Disembarkation

sunsetbeachgal

We are on the Regal on January 11 and on that day we are the only Princess ship departing from Port Everglades. However, On our return date January 18 the Royal is also returning to Port Everglades.

We were thinking about parking at the pier, as the convenience is nice and the savings for off site parking which we usually use isn't that much for a seven night cruise. But assuming we depart from Pier 2, there is a good chance we will arrive back at another pier.

I am aware that shuttle service is provided if we arrive at another terminal, just wondering if this is a pain in which case we may be better off to park off site. Or is the distance walkable to the other parking garages?Also wondering if anyone knows at this point which ship may be at Pier 2 on January 18?

Thanks!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We have taken at least 9 cruises out of Port Everglades and have always used Park and Go. They are wonderful, always there with a shuttle, car ready to go, and very close to getting back on expressway. No need to mess with luggage, they handle it all, and prices very reasonable.

Just a suggestion.:D

There is a really good chance the Regal will be at pier 2 every Sunday as it is doing repeating 7 day cruises sailing every Sunday. If this is the case park in the north port garage which is adjacent to the pier. You can check the port everglades website on the morning of the 11th to determine the actual pier assignments. Just in case, it docks at a mid port pier, there are shuttles between the garages, and an in-port taxi is only about $10.

You can not walk between the mid port area and the north port area. No walkways, fairly long distance and very busy streets.

IMO, if you have to ride a shuttle, you might as well go for one of the off-site lots.

We have used both Park n Go and Park n Fly.

This year (Dec. 14) Park n Fly was less using an online coupon than Park n Go.

Both offer similar services, tho Park n Fly is a large chain and their lot reflects the resources they have available to provide good facilities.

We are on the Regal on January 11 and on that day we are the only Princess ship departing from Port Everglades. However, On our return date January 18 the Royal is also returning to Port Everglades.

When I needed to do this,

the dispatcher for the shuttle bus told people it was too far to

walk, 2.5 miles from the northport garage to the mid-port garage.

After I was dropped off, I checked the odometer as I drove back.

It was 2.4 miles. And, it would be a terrible walk. Very industrial

without sidewalks for almost all of it.

When we did this -- I took walk off, and walked off early.

Mrs. Pablo took first independent group color.

As soon as I walked off, I took shuttle and got car and drove back.

Mrs. Pablo came out with her group, got a porter, and brought the

bags to the curb.

Otherwise, we would have both come out in the first independent

passengers, and this was essentially just as quick.

There is a slight chance that Royal / Regal will be at berths 2+4

and none of this will be necessary. But, so far, Celebrity and not

princess seems to be using berth 4.

Great suggestion to check out the schedule the morning of the 11th, and if the Regal is embarking and disembarking from Pier 2, then we will park at the garage, and if we are leaving from 2 and returning to another pier we will use Park N' Go (which we have used before and had good experience).

Agree that if you have to use a shuttle anyhow, might as well park off site and save a few $$! ;)

Thanks all, and wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Great suggestion to check out the schedule the morning of the 11th

The posted schedule is for 7-days, including the current day.

To know the berth in use for your return, you would have to check

the day after you leave.

From the info I have, the Regal sails from Terminal 2 on Jan. 11th and returns to Terminal 21 on Jan. 18th.

It appears the Royal gets Terminal 2 on the 18th.

Yes, one of my friends who is a frequent Princess cruiser made me aware of an app. For IPhone that shows this same information....we leave on Jan. 11 out of terminal 2 and arrive back at terminal 21. Those on the Jan. 18 sailing should note that they depart from terminal 21 and arrive back at terminal 2.

Since getting from pier 21 back to the parking garage by terminal 2 will involve taking a shuttle with hundreds of people disembarking (and expect some will be angry due to this pier change!) we have decided to park off site as we usually do and save a few $$ ;)

Edited by sunsetbeachgal